Reel to reel

I’m entertaining the idea of purchasing a reel to reel to record my albums on and also use to possibly soften the digital age a bit. Does anyone know where or if NEW blank tapes can be purchased? Are there any thoughts on a resurgence of R2R and if blank media will become more easily accessible?
128x128luvrockin
Orpheus

That thought had crossed my mind but was thinking that at 1.0v the input into the phono might be too hot?

I don't have the answer at my fingertips, but I'm positive that you could tailor the output of your reel to fit this;

https://www.gearogs.com/gear/54893-parks-audio-budgie-tube-phono-preamp
Silly question possibly but.....
Is there any way to increase the output voltage at the deck or to increase it going into the amp.
Obviously without having any deleterious sonic effect.
Often there is. As I mentioned earlier with most consumer decks the output is calibrated to 1 volt. But they can do more than that and there is usually a potentiometer that is used to set the output voltage. You can probably guess where I'm going with this. The problem is volume control but there are solutions for that. With some tinkering you might be able to install a volume control on the deck itself (it it doesn't already have one).
The Sony TC377 does has an output level control ( set on max right now).
So there maybe a internal pot that can increase the level controlled by the output level control.
Will have to see if can find a circuit diagram for it.