New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
One of the benefits in the Magico design is the use of  underhung voice coils to lower the distortion..expensive..but worth the cost!
Magico design is the use of underhung voice coils to lower the distortion..expensive..but worth the cost!
whats that?
the best way to do infinity slopes is active. its hard enough doing 4th order using passive. The use of passive crossovers has no advantages. That alone diminishes the quality. 

You need to eliminate that passive crossover first before you judge the quality of these joseph audios. 

Then you can actually judge how much cabinet coloration there is and how much detail the drivers produce without worrying about what the crossover is doing. 

@kenjit

"the best way to do infinity slopes is active. its hard enough doing 4th order using passive. The use of passive crossovers has no advantages. That alone diminishes the quality.

You need to eliminate that passive crossover first before you judge the quality of these joseph audios.

Then you can actually judge how much cabinet coloration there is and how much detail the drivers produce without worrying about what the crossover is doing."

Um, I don’t even know what to say to this. Are you just making this stuff up in your own mind? Almost all speakers use passive crossovers. What planet are you from? Please get off this site for the benefit of us all.