Dual vs single sub

Sorry Im sure this is all over the forums but I only found old articles. Situation. I have Two SVS 3000s that arent really doing it for me. Thinking of trading it in on the Big one and adding another in a year or so. Any thoughts on Big single vs 2 Medium?
128x128bryantdrew
For all you people planning subs on a limited budget just buy the first one and add another when you can. For point source speakers 2 subs will get you 90% there. For you panel jockeys, Magnapans and electrostats you are going to have to shoot for 4. 
I have made dipole subs using 6 drivers aside. They do not work. Even with huge amounts of power and room control you can not get 20 Hz out of them effectively. IMH experience the best performance comes from sealed, enclosed 12" subs Q @ 7 with Room control and a high powered class AB amp damping > 500, the higher the better. The only difficult variable is the enclosure itself which ideally should be infinitely stiff and heavy. 
Oh, by the way I use dipole speakers with sealed subs and have absolutely no problem matching them up
Stereo bass? Vinyl mixes bass to a single channel for practical reasons. Moreover, localization of low bass is a non issue as you can't really tell where its coming from, only the higher harmonics is a clue, AND most music only have one bass instrument. 
More subs is for other reasons, but stereophony it is not.
Room aucoustics really need to be covered. Buy a measurement mike.
Use REW program, its free.

Your best bet to archive deep clean bass is missing subs together from 2-4 brand 
im using SVS PC13 ultra with two klipsch SW-115 
way better than using only one brand 
also use both red and white outputs with Y adaptor  don’t use only LFE 

https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-ULTRA-RCA-Y-Adapter-Feet/dp/B00KCQSW3E/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?crid=2ENEO...