Noise w/interconnects

I’ve been using a pair of Van Den Hul "The Rock" ic’s for the past couple of years and really like them. However, in the last week or so I’ve noticed that I’m getting some noise (similar to RFI with a slight humming) coming from them whenever I increase the volume on my cd player. I’ve switched to different ic’s and it’s only when using the Van Den Hul’s that I have the problem. Any ideas on what might be causing this and can it be fixed? As I said, I really like them. Thanks.

Jim
jimmymac
Guessing they are unshielded so you could run a ground wire from the plugs on the signal end to a grounding block or to a grounded receptacle to the screw that holds the cover plate on if that makes sense. Maybe a simpler test is lightly twist the two R/L cables together to see if this cancels the noise and make sure you are clear of any power cords. If you are near other cables try not to run parallel with them. Twenty some years ago I recall VDH cables were known for picking up RF/EMI, so not sure about newer models or what you have. Try twisting them to see if that works and cable grooming as this might help or take care of it.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. The weird thing is that I've had the cables for about two years and it just started happening. One end of the cables is labeled "Ground" if that makes any difference. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.
Oh, put the "ground" at the source, and sometimes it does make a difference in noise.

Otherwise, may help to eliminate the source of the noise. Have you added any networky / wifi  things or high efficiency lights anywhere??

Best,
E