Yamaha integrated amp as3000 vs Pass integrated

Hi ! I’m very interesting in the new line Yamaha AS3000 and want to hear other have compare it with some of the pass labs int , what are your thoughts on both of the gears , so far I been looking at a used totl Yamaha but I haven’t seen any come up used , it kinda rare here so it made me think that people must love and want to keep it , so what are your thoughts ?
atl4love
@browndt the int 250 is very nice piece but it ewas over my used budget ! My budget was less than 4K ! For the moneys less than 4K you will get totl Yamaha AS3000 it hard to beat !
@atl4love Hi Andy, I didn't realize you were the one asking the question. Actually I'm going to hang on to my AS3000. Even though I'm not using it presently (back to tubes) I really like it and will probably use in a second system. BTW you mention above about not wanting to get the black factory refurbished unit. Though my 3000 isn't a refurb I did end up purchasing the matching Yamaha NSF901 speakers for this integrated as factory refurbished through A4L last year. I have had zero issues with them and they look new, so my experience with A4L has been very good. Good luck with your search!
I’ve yet to encounter a SS amplifier that better mimics all the good traits of tubes than the MOSFET Yamahas. Their sound is like that of what you’d expect to get with a SS/tube hybrid amp (if you didn’t know that hybrid amps typically sound nothing like tubes.)

I think some folks describe them as bright because they’re revealing and have well-defined leading edges. They don’t do much to polish poor recordings or upstream gear. If you want super smooth (and boring sound), look elsewhere.
I owned a Yamaha integrated back in the day and a receiver as well.  The receiver was just ok, but the integrated was quite nice, including the overall build quality.  I have not seen the new AS3000, but from the pictures it looks quite stunning.  I currently own Pass INT-150.  I think it is the best sounding amp I have owned.  I can't see myself replacing it any time soon.  I bought mine used for $3K.  If you can find one for that price I don't think you can go wrong. I did look at Hegel once for a second system.  I think they are a good value.  You are not paying for eye candy with them.
@Jtucker at 3k I don’t think you can get another deal like that !yes I would look at pass int 150 also ! Thank for advice