Ugh....dropped the stylus on the platter

I was adjusting my turntable level which somehow was slightly out of level and the cue lever was down and arm resting on arm rest. The arm rest has a small magnet that is supposed to keep it there, as there is no locking mechanism. Any how somehow the tonearm fell off the rest and bounced across the non moving platter and leather mat coming to rest near spindle. This is a moving coil sumiko blue point no 2. So,  I took a look and listen and it seems ok to me, but being anal about my audio and system I cant but help stressing over it and thinking I damaged something....in 30 plus years this is the first time I’ve done this...lesson learned I guess, as next time I will ty wrap the darn arm to the rest when making adjustments.
128x128audioguy85
If it sounds OK it more than likely is OK - looks like you got lucky! We all need a support group anyways. 
Agreed, I need help, lol! I will buy a piece of equipment or a record before food🙄
Have given an arm and cart a ride a few times, just the most recent one, about a year ago, needed to be sent to Soundsmith for a suspension adjustment and it was probably because of the gross weight of the DRT XV1s in question. As a rule I always leave the cue up when arm is resting unless someone can speak of why not to do this I will continue this protocal. Good to hear that you dodged the audio gremlins. Enjoy the music.
Look closely at your arm lift. Many are adjustable, both for vertical height as well as horizontally, where they start lifting and where they allow the arm to go lower into the arm rest. 

What you want to do is adjust the lift so it will lower onto a record but not quite enough to go all the way to the platter. Perfect.

As a bonus your arm will now be higher when raised than before, giving you more time to get to your seat and be ready. Perfect!