Legacy Audio Focus SE compared to the Legacy Aeris Speakers

I am looking for owner opinions of the Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers compared to the Legacy Aeris speakers from a sound quality perspective.  I am considering either of the 2, but have to wait another 5 weeks until a new local dealer will have their showroom ready for display.

vpm
@audiotroy

" The arent just a bit better they are truly world class from increased low bass, greater speed, a more open & lucid midrange, to increased articulation even in the upper midrange and treble. "

Yes, those Aeris mid-woofers are light and FAST.  That is some light material. 
I currently use the Signature SE’s, which with my Luxman M800a, Esoteric K-03x and Coda 07x, provide the best sound I’ve ever had in my home. The Signatures flat out, out perform many companies flagship speakers, and I’ve heard many of them i.e. B&W 800D3, Revel Salon, etc... I’m getting a pair of the Aeris later this spring. Audio review veteran and one of the most respected reviewers in Audio, Anthony Cordesman said the Aeris, along with the Wavelet processor that comes with it, provided him with the most realistic sound he’s ever heard and uses a pair as one of his references.  Legacy’s price/performance ratio is something brand new in all of high-end audio and veritable gift to those want some of the best available sound at a real world price and produced 100% in the USA. It’s really remarkable, and speaks directly to the quality of charactor of their owner and Chief Engineer, Bill Dudleston.  Their multi driver integration and movement of massive amounts of air philosophy, provides the lowest distortion, crystal clear sound and low frequency dynamic capabilities that I’ve heard.  That is all, carry on...
I haven't ever listened to the Focus, but auditioned the Aeris & Whisper about six weeks ago. The Whisper with Wavelet were delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Between the two the Whisper had a broader sweet spot and on some material seemed to fill the room more. With the Whisper utilizing open air subs and the Aeris sealed I would have expected more bass response from the Aeris but did not.

I only auditioned with music material, no movies, so the Aeris might offer an advantage there. Actually when first setting up the audition that was there recommendation, primarily music = Whisper more Video = Aeris.

I am fortunate to be relatively close to the factory (3 hours) and spent a few hours with Bill on a Sunday morning and touring the factory. Bill and Brice came out on a Saturday and spent about three hours moving the beasts downstairs and setting them up for me (thanks guys).

As mentioned, I am not familiar with the Focus but do not believe that they would take full advantage of the Wavelet correction. The Aeris/Whisper have a separate line level input for the rear firing subwoofer that time aligns the rear wall reflection with the front firing subwoofers.

For those looking for passive Aeris (don't see a reason but), Bill does custom work so I think that they could be had.
I just ordered a pair of Whisper XDS, but this thread is making me wish I went with the Aeris the way you all gush about them. I'll admit I really prefer the looks of the Aeris, but I went with the Whispers intentionally for the open air bass, but that midrange on the Aeris is very tempting. My speakers won't be ready until mid June. This was a very difficult decision and now I'm second guessing myself.  I have no dealer in my state, and am basing my decision solely having heard the Whispers years ago at a show. 
jcarcopo, what is your ultimate priority? Ease and fullness, or more laser-like precision? The Aeris has more coherence, the Whisper more dynamic impact with ease. Between the two designs you cannot have it both ways. Make your choice. If you want to drive yourself crazy, keep second guessing. But, do not lie to yourself that if you have the "right" choice you can have it all. No, you can't, because they are different designs, both superb in their own right. 

When switching from a more traditional dynamic speaker, the ear hears the quad of 7" mid-bass drivers. However, within about 1-2 weeks this becomes normal to the ears. Placement and toe in affect this dramatically. The Whisper will sound more full, plump than the Aeris. If you value more etched, delineated lines on instruments, then go with the Aeris. If you want more body to them, go with the Whisper. 

You will get a more easy, relaxed bass with the Whisper. By that I do not mean sloppy, but mature, less stressed. The output will sound less strained at higher levels, relatively so, as both are large speakers with formidable bass drivers. 

In the reviews of the V and Valor systems, one of my little games off the record was to see how close I could get the Whisper to the others. Pretty doggone close in several respects, but I had to add a pair of EXTREME XD Subs to do so. Not saying the performances were identical; the characteristics in terms of coherence and imaging were still characteristic of each speaker, but I found a way to enjoy the Whisper a lot, too.  :) 

Read my reviews of the different iterations of the Whisper at Dagogo.com