Acceptable speaker hum from integrated or sign of impending failure?

I have two integrated amps that are now about a decade old and one produces a slight 60 Hz hum that is audible < 6 inches from speakers when power is on and no inputs are connected- the other is dead silent. The hum doesn't increase in volume as the knob is turned and is constant. I've moved the "hummer" to different circuits and no matter where it is plugged in or what is plugged into the inputs or outputs the hum is audible. Also tried swapping the three prong cords between the amps and this has no effect. Only had it a week or so and am not sure whether the hum is new or was unnoticed previously. Is this an acceptable shortcoming? My main concern is whether the power supply or any internals may be going bad and causing the hum.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
joincoolkidclub
It could be a number of things, but two that I think of immediately are the power electrolytics (capacitors) or the rectifier. Both smooth out 60 Hz from the wall and could be the culprit. This is an easy fix. 
Post removed 
Thanks so much for the responses:

@mental That seems like a very easy fix- will certainly try that first. Do you run through a power strip or GFI of some sort? Not sure if that would make the amp more susceptible to surges or other fluctuations.

@stevecham I will try googling those terms as I am electrically illiterate. When you say 'This is an easy fix' do you mean replacing those components?