Easy to drive, outstandingly natural sound from 40-50 Hz up.....AN-E, O/96, others?

If my goal were to find natural-sounding, dynamic, and efficient speakers that can be driven with a somewhat lower-powered a (i.e., 50-watt SS) amplifier, and that work well with a variety of music, would I be looking at AN-Es, O/96s, or which others?
I am not particularly interested in using a 10-20 watt SET, but being able to use something lower-powered than the 300-watt amplifiers required for my 85dB speakers would open up a lot of other amplifier options and simplify things for me.  I have two fairly high-quality powered subs so the goal would be to fill my (moderately large) room from 40-50 Hz and up and let the subs handle the lower registers.
Any thoughts on the two speakers listed, or recommendations for others?
mitch2
@mrdecibel 
I could do corners, or not, so either Klipschorn or LaScala are possible, and the room is big enough.  What do you mean by;
"when I get done with a pair, none of the nasties are present"
Are you talking about making modifications you have learned over the years, or do you have a business to modify/improve Klipsch Heritage speakers?  Pardon please if I have missed something earlier.

Big Tannoy - the legacy arden do 35hz - 30kHz and an easy 93db driving speaker.
But O93 should be cheaper and easier to pick up in the US (tannoys in UK relatively cheaper $7000 new for the Ardens) and I would have prob been keen on them and Audionote AN’s as alternative.
Think all 3 are ones to lose yourself in music with.
Take a serious look into the Spatial Audio speakers. Their entry models have a coaxial compression driver (midwoofer functions as horn like Tannoys) with 93db sensitivity. Zero horn "honk." The nominal impedance of their Triode Master M3s/M4s is 12ohms.

I’ve heard some of the other speakers mentioned here, including the ANs and Spendors, and the performance of even the entry-level Spatials is on par. I was almost deterred by their pro-driver compliment but one must keep in mind they are custom spec’d by Spatial, not off-the-shelf units. They can produce high SPLs with just a few watts but are robust enough to power an auditorium. 

I’m very particular about tonal balance, hence my being a fan of Spendor Classics. The Spatials produce a nearly identical midrange (a little better honestly), a bit more sparkle on the top end and superior decay. Never fatiguing. The bass is incredibly defined and better than anything else I’ve had in house. I have their smallest model in a rather large room and the bass impact/slam is still very good. Best thing about them is you can get all this performance for 1/2 the price of comparable ANs or Spendors. 60 day in-home trial.
Mitch, a few things. Looking at your systems page ( very nice ) the Khorns would be too far apart from one another. The Lascalas would be my choice ( why I have the Lascalas as well ). Yes, I had a side business, and started damping horns ( and other areas of speakers / equipment ) 50 years ago. My ears recognized the " ringing " and resonances that was very apparent, and I used products such as mortite, clay, and then as time went on, Dynamat, and self adhesive roofing repair tapes, such as Peel and Seal and U Seal, available at Lowes and HD. Significant improvements in sq. I did not stop at horns, as I do the driver baskets of woofers, the magnet assemblies, and in the case of mid horns that are held with brackets at the rear of the horn, to the cabinets ( such as the Khorn and Lascala, as there are others ), these areas as well, as they vibrate and resonate with higher volume. I am a Klipsch Heritage fanboy, as I find the 5 original Heritage models designed by the one and only PWK himself, to be the best at their respective price points, yesterday, and still today. Many others feel the same, many others do not. I was in the audio business, in NY, for over 40 years, sold at stores, was a rep and did consulting. I owned a lot, and heard just about everything. I do not claim to have the best ears, nor be the most knowledgeable in sound system set up. Admittedly, there are many speakers that do some things very well. What I do want to say is, I discovered, a long time ago, a reproduction of musical playback, that has stood MY test of time, and has "easily " satisfied my listening desires, and pleasures, with every type of music available, compared to others. With tubes and solid state, with low power and high power, with analog and with digital, with music and movie soundtracks, it is here. Klipsch, as a company, keeps " the mans " dreams and designs going, after he is gone, and they are still selling, here and abroad. You are welcome to pm me, or keep this as an open discussion. Enjoy ! MrD.