Opinions on best integrated under 10k?

Father Christmas has been early and left me a very sizable bonus check!
So time to spend it before the other half can....

Looking at building another system but thinking of just a very high power integrated amp.
Wish list...
200w or more.
Balanced inputs
Digital inputs
Phono inputs

A quick look shows items like McIntosh ma7900 and Mark levinson ml585 which both seem to fulfill all or the majority of my wants.
Sure there are others.
So thoughts and any current or previous owners of suitable candidates please chime in
Thank you in advance
128x128uberwaltz
Worked out is an understatement.

Very very happy indeed.

The way this amp seems to get a vice like grip on the drivers is impressive.

With no other change at all bass response and bass extension has improved dramatically.

So far I would say it's most impressive feature and results are in its streaming capability, a bonus as I thought this may have been more like an add on afterthought.

Way superior to the Aries Mini streamed through the AX7e in every aspect honestly it is so much better its not even a comparison.

Ubervana.

uberwaltz

I may be working on an Ayre set-up myself. It is going to be interesting while watching Ryan Berry take the helm after Charles' passing.

Happy Listening!

For the past (almost) 40 years, I have had SO many integrateds in my home it is almost shameful. Both tubes and solid state. Both well-known manufacturers and exotic, rare birds (with rarer distribution and support.)

My all-time most enjoyable components in the solid-state camp, (I can mention tubes in another post):

Second place: Norma Audio IPA-140.

This is a somewhat unknown integrated in North-America, but with a good history in Europe. I beleive Singer in N.Y. still carries it. A minimalist design, with world-class build quality (except maybe for the volume knob (not the volume control system). It is a hollow design that "rings a bit" when you tap your fingernalis on it. Not sure if it affects the sound, I think not, but it still bothered me a bit.  A sonic purity that is addictive and compares to more expensive units, as the Norma in itself is quite expensive hovering around 10K

First place: Yamaha AS3000. Yes, and integrated with tone controls. This has nothing to do with your usual Yamaha fare. A statement product if there ever was one, and I believe a future classic. .After owning many boutique high-end units, this integrated has it all. Build quality that rivals (and surpasses Accuphase in a few areas actually). There are so many things that can be said about the build quality, design, parts quality and exceptionnal fit and finish that it can only be appreciated going beyond photographs. Sound is neutral yet very somptuous with an extremely large soundstage with 3D depth, with just a very slight character of sweetness to it. Bass is exceptionnally well-defined. And those tone controls that are so subtle yet get out of the way...And the look is stunning, at least for me, with those cut-glass enclosed view meters with that delicate off-white glow that can be turned off (but why would you, it's LED lifetime duration). In fact the shade of white reminds me of my favorite tube color, the 572 tubes from a previous Cary SET monoblock system.

Audio is about sound of course, but also about beautifull and inspiring creations and ownership experience. Above all, it is about being moved with a personnal connection to the artist. This Yammy does it all for me. Always very subjective of course.

Read my review of this unit from 2018 to get more details.

uberwaltz

are you still using the Pioneer SACD player w/ the EX-8 integrated?

Happy Listening!

Jafant.

The Pioneer SACD player is in,my second system.

In my main system the few silver discs I spin are handled by an OPPO modwright bdp80.