What do you drive and why?

Just got a 2019 Subaru Forester. Had a 2012 till someone decided to T-bone me on the drivers side. The car held up very well to the impact. Walked away even though the damage was such insurance called it a total loss. Safety was a main consideration in getting the new one, plus the AWD system, improved mileage and reliability of the brand. Had an older Honda CRV (2006) and almost bought another, great small SUV.
So what do you drive and why?
128x1282psyop
1996 Toyota Avalon
2019 Acura RDX

I drove Toyota Avalon for 22 years and sold it last year in good running condition.   Wonderful car.  A little bit of rust just started appearing on the bottom of driver side door.

2019 Acura RDX is brand new design - very risky to buy in the first year of production.  So far everything works fine (incredible car), but I keep my fingers crossed.   It has great sounding Panasonic ELS 16 speaker 710 watt stereo.

At the same time my wife drove 2001 Toyota Avalon and 2013 Honda Accord V6, both nice cars.  Hondas and Toyotas are great  (I had once 1975 Chevy Vega, that still gives me nightmares).
Great thread!  Im a car nut for sure.  I’ve been blessed to be around, and own, many different cool cars in my life.  Too many to mention but a few I’ve owned are Bmw M3, Audi S4, GTI, Rx-7, Boxster, Gsxr 1000 (ran a 10.9 @137), Gsxr 750, CBR 900rr and too many more.  Some stand out moments in ride alongs were in a 1200 hp M3 and a 1400 hp Evo that literally took the breathe away from me (knocked the wind out of me).  

I am really a German car enthusiast.  I love all things Porsche and if I had the $, I’d have a 10 car garage full of nothing but them.

Cars for me have always been sport.  I prefer riding my Spot Rocker mountain bike in town in order to get around.  I can go as fast as I want, get exercise, not have to deal with traffic and I blow off all kinds of steam while having an absolute blast.

Oh, and my current car is a 2009 Mini Cooper S with the factory Harmon Kardon Stereo with copious amounts of dynamat installed streaming tidal off my iphone through a drogonfly red dac / jitterbug into the aux port.  It sounds really good!
1992 BMW 525i
2005 Lexus RX330

Gotta agree with Brayeagle - I've had my e34 since it was new, and it has been regularly maintained, repaired when warranted,  no rust, and never banged. It now has over 300,000 miles.  Been through one engine rebuild, and one transmission; the interior leather has been replaced - but I own it clear from a long time ago, and it is still is a classy, clean, shiny, understated ride.  My mechanic says it should be able to last for a long time more.  The Lexus is for capacity and my wife's main transportation - clean and safe with more than adequate power. 
Me: Fiat 500 / Yes, I get a lot of crap for it
Wife: BMW X3

Been riding motorcycles since the mid 70's. Currently own a:
Victory / Cross Country
Harley Davidson / Sportster

A small SUV that's 8 years old. 50k on the clock. Looks almost new. See no need to waste money on a new one. The saved money will be needed to pay medical bills and property taxes.