Speakers for 55 watts of EL-34 tube power ?

What are you folks currently using for speakers with this type of amplification ? I'm currently enjoying Vandersteen 1C's with my Rogue Audio Cronus, and I'd like to hear what other speakers are being enjoyed with EL-34 tubes.
adam18
Any of the multitude of big Tannoy's for sale here on Audiogon. Best bang for the buck would be to buy raw drivers (12" or 15" gold or red) and have a box built. You will be in music lovers paradise. I'm listening to a pair right with 9 watts and Oscar Peterson never sounded better.
Add the Vandersteen 2WQ sub
This high passes the Rogue and you are Bi amping
300 Watts on the 3 downward firing 8s in its sealed enclosure and your 55 Tube watts playing the 1 C which you will not recognize when you dial them in correctly
Much improved dynamics transparency and clarity with the whole system.
I do not know of any brand 2 way Box speaker at any price that can compete to this set up.
Cheers Johnnyr
One of THE most musical combos I assembled was an AMC3030a integrated amp which used PP EL-34's and Acarian Systems LTD Alon 1's coupled with MIT2 Bi-wire speaker cables. The bottom octave was covered with a HSU Research HRSW12V sub which plummeted down to a full 16hz! X-over was set to 78hz/18db per octave on each side IIRC.

The above combo was magical in my ASC treated room but sadly, all the components can only be acquired on the used market and pickings are slim...

Some may say the AMC3030a was not the last word in resolution but it took on a much needed steriod shot when driven with balanced power.

Cheers
Post removed 
I triple the Merlin recommendation, but a very different kind of speaker than the Vandersteens. If you ever do move to the 3As you will need more than 55 watts though, and the are not alot of 100 watt EL34 amps, but some. My Music Reference RM9SE among them (with the superb RFT/Siemens previously mentioned).