Best Blu-ray/DVD player for under $800?

Lexi[CON] BD-30, I mean Oppo BDP-83... I kid, I kid.

Seriously, from my list below, which Blu-ray player do you think would offer the best BD picture quality with a 1080p plasma via HDMI, as well as the best possible rendition (upscaling) of SD DVD's? Audio is not such a concern as I only use the supplied L&R speakers at this time.

The list:

Denon DBP-2010CI
Marantz BD7004
Oppo BD-83
Anthem BLX 200
Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD

and just to mix it up;

PS3

Note: The Oppo is the obvious choice for many because of price, but consider the other BDP's as "open-box" or "preowned/demo" priced for comparisons sake. I won't be paying full retail.
The PS3 is thrown in because many seem to think it ranks up there with most mass-consumer BDP's on the market. I might agree with that at it's price and below, but not against $800 stand-alone BDP's. The plus side: games, as well as access to Netflix and Amazon VOD.
Sony, LG, Panasonic, and the like just don't seem relevant IMHO. At first, I considered buying some subpar <$200 BDP, but I can't be that cheap. Not with a 1080p plasma. What's the point. I've tried those lighter-then-paper weight DVD players and the picture quality was very poor. But then again, how can they compare to the only other DVD player I've owned - Meridian G98 AH. I just can't justify, nor afford, spending that much again on a component used solely for playing DVD's, as incredible as it was. Maybe when they make something similar for BD playback in the $2500 and less range.
I also consider buying a higher-end discontinued model (MSRP $2K, now discounted to less then $1K), but with how fast these products become obsolete (no network/ethernet,..), I'd rather get a current model.
And as mentioned above, I'd like having access to Netflix, Amazon VOD,... as well, but unfortunately only the subpar $200 players seem to offer this feature.
There is also one detail with a few of the BDP's in my list that bothers me; the small, cheap, two-prong AC input. Why?! It makes no sense on a $800 player. That can always be upgraded though.

~
sakahara
Post removed 
The Oppo BDP-S83 supports Profile 2.0 or BD-Live, thanks to the built-in Ethernet connection, It allows upsampling of DVDs in order to view the best possible quality through its HDMI output.
Same as the Marantz.

I am not sure why I felt the Marantz looked better for upsampled DVD's. I magree on paper they should be quite similar. The Oppo looked a little grainy at times vs the Marantz. I was most surprised when viewing the Movie the Fifth Element on Superbit DVD. You can actually see the lines cut into the plexi in the scene when she broke out of the tube on the Marantz, it was not obvious on the Oppo.
Sakahara, sorry I have no practical experience with these choices but as I am looking at the same purchase myself I will mention a couple things. I like the PS3 for the wireless streaming but a buddy told me that some sites like hulu are not supported by the PS3 so a verification that netflix will run through it may be useful. Second is that cambridge just released their version of the oppo and it is in the same price range. not sure if you have brand preference or not.
Thanks for the comments. I'll read them later...

What I'm looking for is someone who can compare two or more of these players and offer an objective opinion with emphasis on the picture quality.

I'd also like to hear comparisons between new and old (discontinued models), for example, the Marantz BD7004 vs BD8002, to see how the latest ABT VRS chip holds it's own with a two year old HQV chip. Is it worth buying an obsolete model w/o network capabilities purely for the picture quality?

I've recently discovered another processor; Qdeo by Marvell. Looks impressive. Meridian uses it in their $185K projector. :-O Not many mid-priced BDP's using it though; Philips BDP9500. Pioneer uses it in the $2K Elite BDP-09FD. A bit out of reach.

There sure is a gap with BDP's between $800-$2K, not to mention with design. I wish one of the manufacturers would do something more stylish with the faceplate and chassis, similar to high-end CDP/CDT's, but without the ridiculous premium for rebadged Oppo's.

One other question concerning Audio and HDMI. Am I not getting TrueHD/DTS-HD audio when using HDMI (only DD)? What if I use the digital audio output to my 2Ch systems DAC (which I was planning to do)?