Asking for help - Please! How to play CD's in car with no CD player!

Asking for help and step by step (bullet format) guidance please.

Here is the issue.  Purchased a new car for the wife.  No CD player in the car. 

(I'm a analog type person, but have a smartphone, laptop computer, and external DVD/CD drive, and of reasonable intelligence.)

I have a lot of 'homemade CD's' that I really, really, like.

How do I go about getting this music to play in the car?

Something to do with 'ripping' the CD's to my computer?

How do you get the music from the computer post ripped to your smartphone and then to your car.  
(Car does have bluetooth capability,  my phone is linked into the car.)

Thanks in advance!  I appreciate the help and guidance.

quincy
Get one of the low profile USB drives. They come in multiple storage sizes (not only 256GB) and they are much more convenient in the car.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive-SDCZ33-016G-B35/dp/B005FYNSZA

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1384375-REG/sandisk_sdcz430_256g_a46_ultra_fit_usb_3_1.html/?...

Yes, get all the music from CDs to computer and just transfer it to that USB drive.

that 'mini' jack on the radio obviously is for inputting info.

running a stereo headphone cable from the phone to the radio and selecting aUX should do the trick. use the phopne to select and play files.

you should be golden now either way... adding the content to your phones, or onto the USB drive. those are unquestionably the cheapest ways to go.

one caveat is to poke the USB drive into the laptop to see its formating. often the cheaper ones still use FAT, but I've bought some lately that were all NTFS, or windows only pretty much. Apple can read from NTFS but not write to it. both OS can read/write to FAT.

regardless the formating, it can be easily changed by any personal confuser with the confuser's disk utility.. often the formating is liisted on the packaging.

as to bit rates I read that as saying 'from' yada yada to 320 which is max for compressed files.

odd that it does not support AAC, or ALAC, or AIF all Apple types.

no worries. stick with MP3 or Windows WMA. you should be golden.

as for those "... not guaranteed to work with...." these are just disclaimers nearly everyone uses to avoid responsibility yet imply they should all do just fine.

of the things likely not fully supported might be ID tags.

the names of the tracks may not populate fully or correctly.

in fact, things like 'folder' or too many folders may not be supported.

its easy enough to find out. dump some on the USB drive and plug it in!

you'll also find out how to navigate them. hopefully from the steering wheel.

several portable media players are listed and I suspect that IF they are running recent or latest IOS or Droid OS again, you should be golden.

as for what happened?

the sun kept coming up and going down.

somewhere on a few of those instances, people came up with what they thought were good ideas, which as it turned out, were good ideas.

the problem is very little of it ever crossed our radar close enough to get our  attention.

catching up is not that hard.

Keeping up is.

"as for what happened?

the sun kept coming up and going down.

somewhere on a few of those instances, people came up with what they thought were good ideas, which as it turned out, were good ideas.

the problem is very little of it ever crossed our radar close enough to get our  attention.

catching up is not that hard.

Keeping up is."

Ha, Ha, Ha,...excellent.  You've got a great sense of wit & humor.  
If you are going to convert your CDs get Foobar2000, it is free.
https://www.foobar2000.org/download

Here is a guide on converting from FLAC (same process for other original file formats) to MP3 (includes steps for installing MP3 decoder). For encoding bit rate I would suggest 192KHz VBR (variable bit rate) with a 44.1K sample rate, good compromise between file size and sound quality.

You can also edit the file Tag info (Artist, Album, Track, Artwork, etc) with Foobar2000.

(time for a small vent from a 60's something year old.....AM was simple, FM was simple, Vinyl was simple, 8 track was simple, cassette was simple, CD's were simple. What the heck happened????)

Plenty of info one click away. I have a 256GB iPhone, it's really nice carrying around a large portion of my music library in lossless FLAC format.