Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members?

It is usually the case that members engage in spirited, often passionate, discussions in threads. That’s normal. Regrettably, often those discussions veer off the tracks, where members are offended or genuinely have their feelings hurt by the content of others’ post(s). 

Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members? Your thoughts?
128x128celander
I had two posts removed from this thread. I thought I posted them in humor. Evidently, the Mod who removed them didn't get the joke.

Frank
There are all sorts of motives for people to debate . . . but in my estimation, you cannot be insulted or hurt unless you allow it. If your self-esteem is so fragile that you take another person's tongue personally, then you will be at their mercy all through your life.

Everyone has an opinion and everyone wants to be considered influential; unfortunately, there are those who can only do so by bullying, intimidation, and personality assault-- some even physical assault if nothing else will work. Of course, when defamation of character or physical assault happens, that is another matter and proper actions should be taken . . . but in the long-term, pick your battles for battles do not win the war, but the long-term strategy does.
No one can hurt you on here unless you let them. MAGA Make Agon Great Again.
@oregonpapa : Almost every post I have had removed on Audiogon was meant to be and obviously was meant in good natured humor.

I know that is tough for a moderator, especially if they don’t have the time to know various members or research the context of a post they are considering deleting. But then you run into the issue of deleting posts that shouldn’t be while any number of mean spirited posts go untouched.

I actually got a kick out of one of mine that was deleted. It was a Monty Python quote in reply to another Monty Python quote: "Yes, well, that’s the kind of blinkered Philistine pig ignorance I’ve come to expect from you non-creative garbage."

I think it is funny because who, other than John Cleese, would say something like that these days?