Vinyl vs high def audio i.e. 24bit / 96 or 192khz

I was born to the world of cassette tapes and soon digital music. My only experience with Vinyl was the one rather audition I had recently. It wasn't feasible at the time for us to try a blind fold A/B test. So my question for anyone has experienced both, is that is it worth it to buy a turntable? 

The entry level ones are not really expensive compared to the gears I currently have. However, it's my habit to not keep things that I would not use. That includes thing that is a hassle to use or requires a lot of maintenance. The shop owner where I auditioned a Rega turntable kind of insinuated it falls into both of the aforementioned categories. For instance, the Vinyl doesn't hold many songs so swapping is pretty much a necessity. Upon some research, I also found that vinyl albums recently issued are likely produced from a digital master anyway, some are even just slightly above CD Quality. I have a large library of songs from HDTracks that are at least 24bit / 48khz and honestly I cannot tell a difference once they hit 24 bit / 96khz. 

With the above said, what's so great about Vinyl in your view? Thanks for the feedback. 
angelgz2
Thanks @atmasphere for pointing out that (some) vinyl may actually be a superior format after all. Despite the dissenters who've never heard higher-end vinyl reproduction, it's an affirmation that there is something tangibly and qualitatively better with vinyl.
I have over 100K digital files and it is great to be able to peruse the library and pick from the litter, or to even pick from many 100's of thousands via Qobuz or Tidal but.........having very recently gotten into Vinyl I am absolutely loving it.
True Story, I wear an Apple Watch everyday but my F.P. Journe Chronometre Bleu is so much better to look at.....SO MUCH BETTER.  Price comparison is equal here.

Just recently I got a brand new considerably warped record; What do I do? send it back.

I've been through that before, and they sent me another warped record. I don't feel like going through the hassle.

Fortunately, I didn't hear the warp on playback. Since it was a collectors item LP, I recorded it on new expensive R2R tape so that I could hear it without handling the record.

So far, I haven't heard the warp, not even on playback with the reel.

I watched the cartridge ride up and down those warps like a car going up and down hills without flexing the stylus, my tone arm is so well balanced, and the cartridge compliance is such that it's not affected by warped records, and this one is more than mildly warped; another reason to stay out of vinyl if you're not already in.
 I’m wondering how that conductor was able to correct a musician on a note at 12,000 cps, when there is no musical instrument that produces primary tones at that high a frequency. the very top key on a piano is only eight or 9000 cps. So although I agree that the brain can overcome hearing deficiencies, enabling one to sense frequencies above the range of one’s hearing, I doubt the veracity of this particular story.

I have also softened on my opinion about digital. But you have to incorporate Ralph’s point, that much of the digital source material has been created according to Redbook standards, so no matter how Hi-Rez the digital output may be, the benefit is severely limited by the way in which the original digital recording was made. Given that qualification I do think that the very best digital is on the same plane with vinyl with digital being subjectively quieter and vinyl having superior downward dynamic range. Like in the old westerns, the farmer and the cow man can be friends.
I've been reading a lot of chats between modern-day vinyl users. The final "nail to the coffin" that made me decide to continue my digital path is exactly what @atmasphere mentioned: the master file isn't even being used. I read that in many modern-day LP production, the source is actually already digital, often time already "lossy". The inability, or at least limited ability for me to get authentic vinyls in the future is definitely a "no deal" for now. 

I guess for those of you who have enjoyed vinyl for a long time, it makes sense to continue this path, but for me who never ever owned a single LP, I wouldn't know what I've missed.