$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Yea all those $$$$$$$$ second-coming speaker cables really help when the binding posts on the amp and the speakers are likely the same $100 a pop WBT, while the amp/speaker parts inside are using $10 per meter quality wires.
I just finished reading the description of The Super Intelligent Chip and, having worked closely with engineers and manufacturers of REAL quantum dots, and original patent holders Bawendi (MIT), Alivasatos (UC Berkeley) and others, for several years, well, frankly, I don’t know where to begin, but most of what is portrayed in that diatribe is complete horse hockey. A quantum dot is not an "artificial atom." It is a nanocrystal semiconductor. Plus, they fully quench when exposed to other metals, so that destroys any emissive properties they may have once had.

I have been accused above of being a test tube baby, repeating myself, being out of touch with reality, and having attended school for too long.

What IS fascinating to me though is how sociopaths, instead of being empathetically helpful to others in any way, shape or form, or offering useful information, simply project themselves and their characters onto others.
Steve: welcome to the alternate world of those "audiophiles" who will defend to the death audio accessories that, while pretty, are overpriced and, in most cases, ineffective in achieving performance claims.  Actually, it seems that the more overpriced they are the more appeal they have.

True...they can spend their money however they want but when challenged to document how or why these voo-doo magic accessories actually work, they babble with numb tongues.   

And during such babble, they lash out, often on a personal level, at those who would dare challenge that, perhaps they are wasting their money to line the pockets of those companies that have cleverly figured out how to scam them.  Our friend Geoff is a classic example of this type "audiophile."
stevecham3,304 posts03-07-2019 9:55pmI just finished reading the description of The Super Intelligent Chip and, having worked closely with engineers and manufacturers of REAL quantum dots, and original patent holders Bawendi (MIT), Alivasatos (UC Berkeley) and others, for several years, well, frankly, I don’t know where to begin, but most of what is portrayed in that diatribe is complete horse hockey. A quantum dot is not an "artificial atom." It is a nanocrystal semiconductor. Plus, they fully quench when exposed to other metals, so that destroys any emissive properties they may have once had.

I have been accused above of being a test tube baby, repeating myself, being out of touch with reality, and having attended school for too long.

What IS fascinating to me though is how sociopaths, instead of being empathetically helpful to others in any way, shape or form, or offering useful information, simply project themselves and their characters onto others.

>>>>>If you don’t know where to begin maybe shouldn’t begin. Quantum dots are referred to as “Artificial Atoms” because they are “tunable” and they have empty “holes” where the nucleus should be. That’s why they’re called “Artificial Atoms.” Furthermore, my Super Intelligent Chip, like the original Intelligent Chip, contains quantum dots that are sandwiched between highly reflective metals to boost the photon chain reaction. Maybe you better go back and re-read my explanation. Have you considered asking for your money back from whatever backwater school you went to? You get a A for name dropping and F for subject matter knowledge.
dynaquest4
And during such babble, they lash out, often on a personal level, at those who would dare challenge that, perhaps they are wasting their money to line the pockets of those companies that have cleverly figured out how to scam them. Our friend Geoff is a classic example of this type "audiophile."

>>>>Paranoid much? Do you have a frog in your pocket?