Buy LED, LCD or Plasma

Going for a new TV. Any hints, warnings or advice? It will go over the fireplace instead of the rug there now.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
The Pioneer Plasma is the way to go if you want real high-end video....cannot find any fault with it, it does everything well, after looking that picture, hard to even think about LCD.
Thanks guys, looks like all of you are pretty much in agreement with each other and the stores I shopped locally. The people there also say Pioneer and Panasonic plasma is best picture.

Albert try to find the Pioneer KRP-600M. This is a 60 inch plasma and is the last model they made. The blacks are way ahead of any Pany out there. Don't worry about Pioneer out of the business. If you want the best this is it. I paid 3200.00 for this with free shipping from a NY retailer about 3 months ago. They have an extended warranty and will replace it with an appropriate new model if it breaks. They sell Panasonic as well.

Can you say who this seller is? That price is close enough to what BB is asking for to 58" Panasonic for me to look.
The people there also say Pioneer and Panasonic plasma is best picture.

That is a fair statement.
I am also going to say "Plasma".

I bought a Panasonic TH-42PZ77U Back In 2007...... And after three years of use, so far I haven't been disappointed......

If you are a Movie Buff or a Sports Connoisseur, Plasma is the ONLY way to go

Panasonic and Pioneer are the class when it comes to Plasma TV. Pioneer is on the way out from what I understand. So, if you want a Pioneer Kuro, or a Pioneer Elite Kuro, you better get yours now before it's too late. Because after Pioneer ceases their Plasma TV Operation, the only brands that will be left after that will be Panasonic, LG and Samsung.

Good Luck and Happy Shopping....

--Charles--