Buy LED, LCD or Plasma

Going for a new TV. Any hints, warnings or advice? It will go over the fireplace instead of the rug there now.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
Albert try to find the Pioneer KRP-600M. This is a 60 inch plasma and is the last model they made. The blacks are way ahead of any Pany out there. Don't worry about Pioneer out of the business. If you want the best this is it. I paid 3200.00 for this with free shipping from a NY retailer about 3 months ago. They have an extended warranty and will replace it with an appropriate new model if it breaks. They sell Panasonic as well.
I know, I know, but it didn't rule out my ownership.

It's a real shame Pioneer jumped outta this, now ya gotta kick out for a Runco, B&O, there are others.

If ya want a great picture (at a fairly reasonable price) find a Kuro, otherwise it's Best-Buy teenage toy store and get the extended warranty plans.

Just a suggestion Albert, good luck in your search.
Plasmas will be phased out eventually and California is trying to limit TV power usage, so plasmas will be targeted. That said, my Panasonic Plasma has the best picture I have ever seen, except for the Kuro. The Panasonic plasmas are substantially cheaper. I have it in the main open room with windows and skylights. The anti-reflective screen is very effective and the light doesn't bother me at all. No matter which one you get, I recommend an ISF calibration once it is in place and broken in. Good luck!