Stage III Concepts Cables - Any Advice/Feedback/Thoughts is deeply appreciated.

I have a mixed loom of Stage III Concepts Cables on loan to me from a local dealer and need some help.  
There is hardly any user/owner/member/end used type of info out there so I wanted to reach out. 

Here is what I am demoing now and below is the why...

Stage III Concepts GRYPHON XLR 1.5m Interconnects   
Stage III Concepts MAGNUS 3.0m Speaker Cables
Stage III Concepts MINOTAUR 2.0m Power Cable
Stage III Concepts KRAKEN 1.5m Power Cable

Here is the why:

I received my new Magico S5 MK II Speakers 2 weeks ago upgraded from the original S5's.  
I wanted to upgrade my pre and amp but was waiting to hear my new S5 MK II's with my present gear first. 

Magico S5 MK II Speakers
Pass Labs X250.8 amp
Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 pre
Bricasti M1SE w/built in ethernet media player
SGC sonicTransporter ethernet Roon server w/Uptone Audio JS-2 LPS
Kubala-Sosna Emotion Full Loom 

I loved my new speakers and so sold both my Pass X250.8 amp and my Simaudio P8 pre.
I bought Pass Labs XA-160.8 Monoblocks and was driving them direct with my Bricasti M1SE as pre/dac.

I was happy and while looking for a pre I stumbled into a local guy that had a Soulution 530 Integrated.
I thought you know what lets try it and if I like it then I will sell or trade my Pass mono's for a pre or use 530's preouts.

To make a long story longer I put it in my system and low and behold I like the Pass amps better. Maybe not a huge surprise as Pass gear is killer but then I phoned the local Soulution dealer to pick he brain. 

He told me the Pass amps should not sound better with S5 MK II's and it was due to the match of my Kubala-Sosna cables which work great with Pass, ARC, Ayre, Krell, etc. but Soulution is a different animal and needs a different cable. .
I thought OK here we go... Here comes the big old cable sales pitch but to be fair I called him. So I listened.

He loaned me the cables I have listed above to prove what he was saying was true.

You know what happened. Low and behold he was 100% right and they blew my mind. No snake oil but real results.  

They sound insane and actually really good with my Pass amps too but the match with Soulution is breath taking...

Now I see why the Soulution amps are darn expensive. They should recommended cables like Spectral and MIT does.  

So with so little info out there I wanted to ask for you guys for any and feedback, or opinions.

It is really expensive stuff and sure there is some savings because some is former gen cables and they are demo's but still its really expensive stuff so I just was hoping I could get some more info from you folks.

Sorry for long write up but wanted to share my thoughts and my situation and ask for some help on these.

Thanks 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
I am at a much lower level of performance, power cord on my Redgum integrated cost new more that the integrated. I bought both used and paid about the same for each. My speaker cables cost new exactly the same as speakers, and my main interconnects are more expensive than the phono stage. Yes, I tried less expensive cables and cords before getting all those - it didn't work and some didn't work at all. I will not go higher with cabling with my current system, it is very well balanced and needs nothing. Next step is completely new system. One day.
@fsmithjack I think you need to stop thinking about cables as accessories or tweaks and start thinking about them as part of a system. In my system for example over 50% of the retail cost is in accessories, room treatments and the like. If you like the combination of Stage III and Solution, and the combined cost of the setup is OK, then look at it as a system. By simplifying to an integrated you are saving on power cords and interconnects anyways.

Don't lose sleep wondering if there is another option out there instead go with your heart and stay with the system you like. You know you can then move up in the Magico or Soulution lines if you want and have the means and you can get off the crazy train of continual upgrades.

As others have mentioned learn to live with your speakers and amps and invest in all the other aspects of your system (room, power, isolation) all of which will yield clear benefits now you have the core items sorted. Most audiophiles have yet to draw out all that their current amps and speakers are capable of -- careful and painstaking tweaking can continue to push a system to new heights for many years.
jetter 

Why because rather than talking theory or some specs or quoting some review I actually take the chance and step up and buy the stuff that interests me?

Then I sometimes come on here when I am not sure about something and ask for help or advice? I try to be as honest as I can. I am certainly not a writer or anything like that so maybe it doesn't come accross great but I'm just trying to be honest.   

Most people on here help me out and I enjoy talking to them.

Others are like you make me think why do I even come on here but whatever I don't care?

So lets see because I buy new gear I must be dumb and not be able to tell the difference between good sound and new sound? 

Have you ever heard Stage III Concept cables? I never heard of them before I called the Soulution dealer.   

That is why I am asking for help. Are these legit serious cables and/or do others think they are great like I do? If I knew that then I would not be asking.  

So you don't think that someone who just added these items to their system could get better sound? I must just be different and I mistake for being better?  

Soulution 530 Integrated Amplifier 
Magico S5 MK II Speakers
Stage III Concepts GRYPHON XLR 1.5m Interconnects  
Stage III Concepts MAGNUS 3.0m Speaker Cables
Stage III Concepts MINOTAUR 2.0m Power Cable
Stage III Concepts KRAKEN 1.5m Power Cable
Solid Tech ROS 4 Reference Rack
Solid Tech ROS Amplifier stand 
2 Dedicated 20 amp Circulates with upgraded cable runs 
Synergistic Research Tranquility Base for under Bricasti M1SE

All this work and investment and its just different but I think its better? Whatever... 

Can anyone that has heard these cables or know of them help me out?
Thanks  

folkfreak

i am with you and good advice...

In fairness to me I thought I had the cables covered as I have a full loom of Kubala-Sosna Emotion / Elation cables and close to $30k MSRP invested in cables so I definitely took the cables seriously. 

I thought I was covered on the cable front until I took these Stage III on loan and then well I now know what I didn't know.

They are so much better. Way more than my S5 to S5 MK II upgrade, way more than Pass 160.8 from 250.8 and honestly the largest performance gain I've ever experienced in this hobby. 

Before I hooked the Stage III cables up I liked the Pass 160.8 way better than the Soulution 530. Way better. I was already preparing to ship the 530 out for a preamp and then I tried these Stage III and my system building was turned on its head.

Also, I agree with what you say about tweaks.

I have done quite a few tweaks as well. I have some really good Linear Power Supplies and premium digital cables, premium dc cables w/oyaide connectors OCXO Ethernet Switch with lps, premium RJ/E cables, Still point ultra's, symposium couplers, all black/black Solid Tech ROS 4 Reference rack and (2) ROS Reference amp stands, SRA platform, Synergistic Research Tranquility base platform and Symposium Svelte platform, eden component weights, ceramic cable holders,  ps audio noise harvesters, dedicated 20 amp outlets with the best furutech outlets and a bunch of  room treatments, as well as  Synergistic Research FEQ - Frequency Equalizer and a bunch of HFT's. 

I have hated every conditioner I have ever had. The crappy PS Audio P5, P10 and Running Springs, Audience, Isotech, Bybee, Shunyata, Audioquest, HiDiamond they all made my system worse and when after a while i plugged back into the wall I said awe much better. Sure there is ac line hash and crap that you can hear on the line but still the immediacy  and dynamic freedom is worth it. The wall has beat out every conditioner. I even tried and even non filter distributors and those were not any better. If I can find a good conditioner some day I am glad to use but trust me I have tried.

I would like to try one of those grounding units. I have not tried those yet.

I just don't want to people to think I was using a Soulution amplifier with crappy included cord with blue jean cables and no tweaks. I have been chasing cables and tweaks for years and have a ton invested there as well in that stuff.

Still with all of this those Stage III concept cable blew my system out of the water. 

I appreciate all the help and feedback. 

Thanks  

celander

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't know about focus on aesthetics? Have you ever seen the Soulution 530 Integrated? It is one but ugly amp. My wife told me it looks like a college dorm fridge. Definitely not a good looking amp. The Pass Labs XA-160.8 Monoblock are awesome looking but they just got beat out by a college dorm fridge...lol My Magico S5 MK II looks exactly the same as my S5 MK I but I do like the new Platinum color better though. My old ones were that brown color and the new color is much better but they look like twins and cables they are in the back so can't really see them?

Well I do like your idea about earth grounds. I want to try one of those grounding boxes. Do they work well. I am not really familiar with those components? Do you use one? Is there one you recommend?
Thanks