I give up on new vinyl

After getting burned yet again by "audiophile quality" vinyl that sounds like 180 grams of paper getting crinkled next to a mic, I am done. My re-issued Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd albums sound especially bad. Do the record companies buy re-tread vinyl, melt it down, and think that adding weight will make it sound new? The only consistently dependable new vinyl IMO is Rhino and the Beatles Apple re-issues. I would say, for everything else you're better off buying the old, classic pressings. 
128x128mysteriousmrm
Arte you guys wet cleaning your new vinyl with a vacuum RCM?
Agreed, some new pressings are a bit noisy but overall I do not have a lot of issues...
The zep’s are not “audiophile “. Classic released some 10 years ago or so. They are good too. But there is nothing wrong with the nether Page remasters whatsoever! I have the first 6 Deluxe sets through Physical Graffiti as well as all the CDs and not a single issue. And no, generally vinyl is final sale as the record companies rarely accept returns from the dealers. Unless it’s legitimately 
 damaged, pops and clicks don’t qualify. Scratches may but it’s hard to prove they came that way. It’s not try to buy. Sorry.

I think even though the vinyl is new as Whart says, it may not be as clean as you think or hope it to be....

What's up boss? Looks like were back in business my man. The burning man.