Martin Logan Motion 60XT, best value ?

They seem to pack a lot of a speaker for the $...
Ribbon tweeter, nice aluminium 6.5in mid, 2 x 8 in woofers, polypropylene capacitors...

Who owns a pair ? And did some of you compare those with pricier speakers ?
techno_dude
I'm guessing some of the posters haven't calibrated to the point to smoothen out the curves which shows how good these speakers really are. I ran ARC Anthem room correction with these towers which I proudly confirm are my current drivers in my HT. I agree out of the box they need some reigning in, very bright highs. But beilieve me, after room correction these towers place you front row center and knock you down. I just listened to RUSH's YYZ and what an amazing experience. Drums just snap, synthesisors cross, vocals, the soundstage is wide. I also listened to Whitney Houston because she's vocally incredible as well as with her recordings, and the ribbon tweeters after calibration are so articulate that you actually hear the sound of he lips opening before she hits her desired octaves. These speakers are marred by some eqal or higher priced brand names. But honestly, if you come over and show me a better sound...it will cost you $10,000 more to prove what I'm experiencing. I'm running an Anthem MRX1120 with an ML 1600x Dynamo subwoofer. What a combination. Room is 2600 cubic foot. Clear concise natural sounding music thats sonic performance is measured slighy higher than a jet flying over your head at 300m. The 60XT's are sub par for the price, uhhh...yeah right.
I have listened some to those ML 60XTs.  I thought they were on par with similar offerings from Klipsch, etc.  Mediocre, but not terrible, and this is coming from an admitted ML fan.  I agree with others, if you are considering ML, you should look at the ESL hybrids.  I have the Montis, and yes the super sweet spot is somewhat narrow, but I find that the sound imaging does not roll off much as you move off axis.  Probably due to the dipole nature.  IIRC, I sold my Ethos for a little less than $3K, so in the same ballpark.
The MartinLogan XT60 has gotten very favorable reviews in the audio press, including Editor's Choice Award in the Absolute Sound. I have been considering replacing my ML Vistas with the XT60. The Vistas, to my ears, are lacking in the lower mid range. Full orchestra sounds to thin and bright. I have read that the XT60 sounds more full in the lower mid range. I will have to give them a listen before I decide.
The XT60's at around $1800 would seem to be a bargain going by what my Motion 40's sound like. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I think the good folk at ML have scored a winner with the range of speakers.IMHO.
There are quite a few that say that these are awful. A lot of them do so after hearing them at a HiFi store next to another brand like Monitor Audio. Powered by receivers.

These have 4-ohm nominal impedance but go down below 3 ohms. Use a suitable amp and see the improvement in sound.

I had them at home side-by-side with Monitor Audio Gold GX300 ($5,600) for two weeks. Both powered by a Parasound A21 amp. Used room correction on both sets of speakers. The ML60XT blew away the MA GX300. If I knew how to post a photo here, I’d post one of them side by side in my house.