My sacrilegeous question to audiophiles out there regarding parametric equalizer.

I recently upgraded my stylus to a 2m bronze and am enjoying it thoroughly. My question to the community is how many audiophiles use equalizers or tone controls to enhance the bass and detail? Thinking about getting a parametric equalizer. Any thoughts?
tubelvr1
Post removed 
I’m afraid you misunderstood my post, maybe you should re-read it. I never said nor did I assert that components are equalizers. I said “tone controls” which was in response to your pretentious statement “my el34 amplifier has no tone controls”

My amplifier not having tone controls is not a "pretentious statement"....it’s a fact. And of course I realize that vintage tubes sound better than the Russian and Chinese junk made now. My conception of an equalizer is a separate component; that’s what the OP was asking about,"professor." Your statement that "every part of a system" is a tone control I do not consider worth addressing. Every part (component) of a system affects sound quality down to the type of resistors and capacitors used in the units. All of those are fixed qualities, unless you go to trouble of changing them. I don’t define any of that as an "equalizer" but if you do, go for it. I addressed the OP query in a manner I considered appropriate. You apparently don’t see it that way. I’m not gonna cry about it but I’m not going to play your game of semantics either. Cheers.
P.S. An "equalizer" is a "tone control," professor.

I especially like your blanket recommendation to just get some vintage small signal tubes and you wont need tone controls (thats exactly what they are). How do you know this? How do you know what sound the OP is looking for? What do you know about his room? Is it treated? How are his speakers are set up? Where Is his listening position in the room? Poor first reflections or standing bass modes (if this is the case) will not be solved by your magic tubes.

YOU need to go back and read; what I said was if you get good tubes you won't need an equalizer, not tone controls. All your other manic questions are irrelevant to what the OP asked about. I have no idea what his room is or what sound he's looking for. Do you always micro analyze what someone says? Do you like bananas? Do you always obey the speed limit? Do you understand? What did you have for breakfast yesterday? Did it sound good? Hilarious 

Only someone who is not an audiophile would ask such a question. Do you want to hear the band, or do you want to be in the band? Maybe the bass drums not loud enough; "Think I'll just turn it up a bit". "I do not like the tone and timbre of that clarinet, let me tweak it a bit; now that sounds just right".

Oh, the marvelous things one can do with an equalizer.