Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin
I have a like new 2040 PE (Perpetuum Ebner) turntable that was considered to be top notch when we purchased years ago.  It has hardly ever used and stored in our residence closet for many years.  We purchased a second needle Shure M-91E-P20, at the time, which I remember was approx. $100 in the day for the needle cartridge alone .  That needle has never been on the platter. My husband has since passed away and I am looking to downsize all of his audio/stereo equipment including a Dokorder Reel-to-Reel which I think was a good unit.  Is this a place to be able to do so or can I be directed to a site to help in selling these types of products.  Thanks for feedback!  
Post removed 
@Kreber my condolences as well.  You can get the equipment packed for you by UPS among others for example.
There are other issues.  You need to know the value of the gear you're selling.  It would be good if you had a friend of your late husband who also knows audio.. Otherwise there is a blue book on this site.
You can list the equipment on a site called "Audio Asylum" for free but it will reach a national audience, shipping will be a concern, unless you say local pickup only. Of course some high end audio is sold on Ebay 
Post removed 
@viridian I’m sorry, I don’t know how I missed this. So far, so good! Getting use to the Vinyl. I now buy new albums because at least they may not be analogoly( is that a word?) recorded, at least their not abused over 30 or 40 years of non audiophile grade players. Bottom line, I do enjoy the sound. Diana Karl sounds amazing on vinyl.