My sacrilegeous question to audiophiles out there regarding parametric equalizer.

I recently upgraded my stylus to a 2m bronze and am enjoying it thoroughly. My question to the community is how many audiophiles use equalizers or tone controls to enhance the bass and detail? Thinking about getting a parametric equalizer. Any thoughts?
tubelvr1
My EL34 powered amplifier has no tone controls. I would not personally use an equalizer......I consider it analogous to altering the colors of an original painting. But that’s just me. By the way, I currently use a 2M Bronze.
Edit......if you don't already have them, get some vintage Dutch or British EL34 tubes (I use Holland made; some of my output tubes are almost as old as I am) as well as some vintage German or Dutch small signal tubes; you won't need an equalizer.
I have several line stages and a few preamps. The ones that sound the best in my system have no tone controls. I am not against EQ's I just think a lot of the ones made were just not that well implemented. I think one of these would work well.http://www.celloseattle.com/ctdocs/prodserve/peripherals/audiopalette.html
equalizers are basically just segmented volume controls; very effective for burning out tweeters.