Storing Unused Audio Equipment

Can unused amps, preamps, DACs and CD drives be stored in an outside non-temperature controlled storage locker?  Is there anything about the electronics of the amps, preamps, DACs and CD drives that the freezing cold can ruin? It gets below zero degrees here in Vermont and according to google the average temperature in the winter is 22 degrees.  I am two hours from Canada.  

Thanks
jetter
Or...

You could sell them all. I got to the point I had so much unused gear I just sold it all as a lot.

It was life saving. :)

Best,
E
@gdnrbob I’ve heard about using rice. But, for run & gun location shooting (photography), there’s too much danger of the grains getting pulverized. The tiny particles could easily find their way into the delicate camera or lens mechanisms. If the gear was in a professional camera case between shoots, I would use desiccant silica gels.

When shooting in extreme cold, I used the baggie procedure before going back indoors. Besides the electronics, it’s important to keep any condensation from forming between the elements in a lens. Every once in awhile, it was necessary to get inside really quickly during a white-out snowstorm - without any time to baggie the gear. When inside, it was easy to see the condensation forming inside the barrel of the lens. The solution was to ’cook’ the lens in an oven at 100 degrees. Then, back to work.

Then, there’s another challenge of putting your hot eye up to the cold viewfinder when back outside. That would immediately cause condensation on the viewfinder glass. Impossible to see anything at all. There’s a couple of tricks to solving that. But, I don’t wish to hijack this thread much more.
"  I was actually about to make a mistake, kind of thinking it was a "natural" cryogenic treatment. "

Way too warm, cryogenic treatment for audio applications use temperatures around  -320°F. Store your gear inside a heated structure.
If you store in a basement, be sure to get them at table height or a leaky basement could be a disaster. Cheers,
Spencer
+1, sbank
I've seen basements that had relatively high humidity percentages that would warp (severely) veneer wood finishes and open up corner joints in otherwise good speaker cabinets. This could happen even if the speaker was inside a carton off the ground. Any kind of storage can have good or bad points. IMO