Did I just make my audio system too sensitive after adding a Herron VTPH-2A preamp?

I’ve added the Herron VTPH-2A preamp to my system and in comparisson to the my previous Tube Box DS phono stage it really exposes so much more of the instruments playing in each track. The clarity and dynamic responce is astounding, so revealing is the Heron that I actually hear much more imperfections. I’m not a golden ear, au contraire - I’m losing my hearing.
I’m questioning if audio tolerances have been affected so much that vinyl grooves, dust and static are more susceptible to be heard? Or is it something else that I’m missing downstream that ’just isn’t right’.

My system consists of the following components:

Upgraded Technics 1200 MKII Turntable,
Herron VTPH-2A Phono Preamp,
Sym Audio Moon Neo 350P Preamp,
OPPO UDP-205,
Bryston 4B3 amplifier,
Bryston Model T Signature speakers

joyofsound
Post removed 
Thanks for all your responces...keep them coming.I will try a different cartridge. The ART9 looks like a decent one. I'll be looking for any additional recommendations on cartridges under ~2K.
Soundsmith is moving their old lineup with deep discounts.  Judging by my MIMC Star, the price/performance ratio will be very difficult to meet or beat.  
https://www.musicdirect.com/phono-cartridges/soundsmith-zephyr-mimc-star-phono-cartridge
I couple of years ago, I was in a similar place shopping for a cartridge for my Technics SP10mkII around ~$1k max (considering used or new). A friend with a highly modded 1200(TransFi Terminator arm, Mike New copper platter, Hynes power supply, etc.) used the ART9. Another friend had a Dynavector XX2 (mk1). We brought it over and spent a night comparing them. It was an interesting comparison and both carts showed their merits. Each owner had a slight preference for their own choice.
My take was that the ART9 was highly detailed, but not over-hyped, and excelled on classical music, especially massed strings. The Dyna was my preference with more natural rhythm, a more relaxed tonal balance and just more "you are there" particularly on acoustic rock, jazz and vocal music. Bottom end also had more jump with more exacting leading trailing edges to notes. It's taken me a while, but I recently bought a XX2mkII. If I hadn't compared them and just bought the ART9 I think I still would have been very happy with it. These had more in common than I expected and both are very impressive in there price range. FWIW, I recently saw a good deal with someone selling a new XX2 for a bargain price. Cheers,
Spencer
OP are doing your own cartridge setup or your local dealer ? That should be IMO a big driver in your choice, even given the above august advice.  But in general re-read Almargs excellent post and the settings question he asked. Agree w others on a new cart needed, get it looked at under magnification 2

and to stoke my confirmation bias dopamine hit, I like the Lyra Delos at slightly under $2K

The Herron is on my must listen to list as well ! congrats on that