Kickstarter for all analog "No Filter"

Hello everyone,

This is Jerome Sabbagh writing. I’ve been a member of this board and an audiophile for a while.

Three years ago, the support of board members here helped make a vinyl pressing of my album "The Turn" a reality. Well, I’m at it again: I recently recorded a new album, "No Filter", a project I co-lead with my old friend - and fantastic guitarist - Greg Tuohey. I am raising funds to press it on vinyl. It will be all analog.

Click here for Kickstarter link

Like "The Turn", this record was recorded live to two track 1/2 inch tape at 30 ips by James Farber at Sear Sound. It will be mastered and cut to vinyl directly from the tape by Bernie Grundman. CDs and 96/24 downloads will also be available.

We are trying to keep the vinyl affordable at $20 + shipping ($5 in the US). There are also fancier options (numbered copies, signed copies, test pressings, and even reference lacquer pressings and 1/4 inch reel to reel tapes!).

I am happy to answer any and all questions and hope you might consider supporting this. We are shooting for an October release.

Thank you!

Jerome Sabbagh
128x128saxman73

I'm happy to report that I now have the vinyl for "No Filter". After having rejected 4 sets of test pressings, I am really pleased with the result. I finished mailing all copies that were bought already, whether through Kickstarter or not, this morning! I hope those of you who supported the project will enjoy the result! I am still selling the vinyl on my website if anyone else is interested. Thank you all so much for the support!

Jerome Sabbagh

Cool.  I never saw this thread before!
I bought The Turn on vinyl and really enjoyed it.  I'll check out No Filter.  Thanks!
Awesome. I will say that The Turn on vinyl is superbly produced, and has that "musicians playing in your livingroom" vibe to it . Killer musicianship too. I look forward to No Filter!
Hello,

I've been asked a few times about the availability of the album on reel to reel. A few copies were indeed made at Bernie Grundman's studio, directly from the tape we recorded on, making the tape effectively a master tape (first generation with level adjustments). I can still make these but they were quite expensive, due to the cost of tape and of studio time at Bernie Grundman's.

As a result, I’m exploring a cheaper alternative. I could get a mastered 30 ips 1/2 inch copy of the original tape made at Bernie Grundman’s, and then make high quality copies of that elsewhere. I could then sell 1/4 inch copies of the record at 15 ips or 7.5 ips.

I’d have to have enough buyers to justify making the copy of the tape at Bernie Grundman’s in the first place, but if I get a few, this would be doable. I'm trying to see if there is enough demand to do this.

If anyone here has interest, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Jerome Sabbagh
half track 1/4” IEC is probably the dominant format in the “ audiophile “ tape world..See The Tape Project for pointers. 

I.  will check out your site for Vinyl order.

Good on ya!!!!!