Vinyl vs high def audio i.e. 24bit / 96 or 192khz

I was born to the world of cassette tapes and soon digital music. My only experience with Vinyl was the one rather audition I had recently. It wasn't feasible at the time for us to try a blind fold A/B test. So my question for anyone has experienced both, is that is it worth it to buy a turntable? 

The entry level ones are not really expensive compared to the gears I currently have. However, it's my habit to not keep things that I would not use. That includes thing that is a hassle to use or requires a lot of maintenance. The shop owner where I auditioned a Rega turntable kind of insinuated it falls into both of the aforementioned categories. For instance, the Vinyl doesn't hold many songs so swapping is pretty much a necessity. Upon some research, I also found that vinyl albums recently issued are likely produced from a digital master anyway, some are even just slightly above CD Quality. I have a large library of songs from HDTracks that are at least 24bit / 48khz and honestly I cannot tell a difference once they hit 24 bit / 96khz. 

With the above said, what's so great about Vinyl in your view? Thanks for the feedback. 
angelgz2
If you like acoustic music vinyl is better , for rock and pop  is irrelevant .
Dear @angelgz2 : That's the best way to go for you.

Btw, @schubert :  "  If you like acoustic music vinyl is better... ""

that was true in the past but today digital is superior alternative no matters what and remember that the human beens listen not in analog way but digital due that at our inner ears ( that's where we " hera " any sound. ) exist an ADC.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

We hear with our ears but need to interpret what we hear with

our whole brain. The ''classical'' nature- nurture question.

One need only to listen to whatever Chinese opera to grasp

the difference. Description of our ''inner ears'' will not do.

Certainly not Kantian '' imperatives'' in their Mexican form.

Certainly not Kantian '' imperatives'' in their Mexican form
@nandric, what are you on about?? AFAIK, Immanuel never travelled to Mexico :)