Vinyl vs high def audio i.e. 24bit / 96 or 192khz

I was born to the world of cassette tapes and soon digital music. My only experience with Vinyl was the one rather audition I had recently. It wasn't feasible at the time for us to try a blind fold A/B test. So my question for anyone has experienced both, is that is it worth it to buy a turntable? 

The entry level ones are not really expensive compared to the gears I currently have. However, it's my habit to not keep things that I would not use. That includes thing that is a hassle to use or requires a lot of maintenance. The shop owner where I auditioned a Rega turntable kind of insinuated it falls into both of the aforementioned categories. For instance, the Vinyl doesn't hold many songs so swapping is pretty much a necessity. Upon some research, I also found that vinyl albums recently issued are likely produced from a digital master anyway, some are even just slightly above CD Quality. I have a large library of songs from HDTracks that are at least 24bit / 48khz and honestly I cannot tell a difference once they hit 24 bit / 96khz. 

With the above said, what's so great about Vinyl in your view? Thanks for the feedback. 
angelgz2
“Since you already have excellent content, why on earth add another source where you have no content at all? Instead, why not just invest in a better dac / reclocker-regenerator / cable combo”.

That’s the best advice so far....I held off the the temptation of owning vinyl rig for the very same reason. Instead, I chose to better my CD and digital playback system. 

It doesn’t make you any less passionate or collector of music if you don’t own Vinyl. I own plenty of SACD and remastered XRCD’s that sounds just as good as Vinyl in my system, YMMV. 
I own high-end vinyl and digital equipment. Several years ago vinyl sounded better than digital however with modern technology in my opinion digital has caught and sounds great. As others have said if you don't already own a large collection of LP's save your money and enjoy what you already have. If I had it to do all over again I would pass on the expenditure of vinyl equipment and LP's.
Since you are mainly interested in convenience then you should just stick with what you know. Vinyl is more for people who love music.
“Vinyl is more for people who love music.”

Thanks for humoring us.......LMAO!!!! 😂 🤣😂
"Since you already have excellent content, why on earth add another source where you have no content at all? Instead, why not just invest in a better dac / reclocker-regenerator / cable combo... Best!"

Yup, I agree. This is the best advice. Thanks to all who has responded. From all the response so far, it seems like turntables are really for people who have a predisposition to love records, either because you guys already have a large collection, or because you could relate to it. While there might be some level of sonic differences, a larger part appears to be personal preference and the emotional aspect of it. For someone like me who’s never touched a turntable in my life, I should probably just stick to what I know best.

Thanks again!