Brooklyn DAC+ Anyone?

Hey Folks,

I did some searches and did not see anyone claiming to have the DAC+.  Saw one positive review from a site of which I am unfamiliar.  I prefer reviews where there is listening and testing so perhaps we will have to hope for Stereophile or HiFi News to get one but that will probably take some time.

I have a DAC+ on backorder with MusicDirect so hopefully any bugs will be exterminated before I get mine.  I am also hoping for more details on the circuit changes.

Hope you folks are well and good,
Robert
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrobob
I have not tried the Control Panel via WiFi, doesn't it require a USB connection to a computer?  I would agree the display is too small for most of us to see from the chair.

You may want to temporarily run longer cables and put the DAC+ close to you for the initial setup.  The issue in the long run becomes having to getup to change the filter.  Different tracks/albums do sound better with a different filter.

Good Luck with your setup,
Robert
Anyone paired the Brooklyn Dac+ with powered speakers yet?  I ordered one to tryout with Elac Navis ARB51's, Pro-Ject TT with Blue Pt #2, and Roon from Mac mini as complete small room system.  Currently using a Yamaha A-S1100 as a pre and need smaller setup. 
I’m betting that will sound pretty good. You may want to consider a cartridge that is fuller in the mids.

I would look into Audirvana unless Roon does something additional that you need. Audirvana does not require a subscription and allows access to Tidal and some others.
Please let us know how it sounds.
Y’all take care,Robert
Post removed 
JK    Any feedback on the Navis speakers ? Been considering but not much out there for reviews except the great TAS review. Thanks.