Are DAC's overpriced?

External DAC's are pretty expensive imho... BUT I don't know that much on how to choose one. I want mostly cd's in my small two channel system... I am rebuilding after selling my Logans and Mac amp to go back to "drivers"! The Logans wore me out with Maintenance.  Should I buy a new cd player or get a new DAC for my old player?  
128x128captbeaver
The coherent sound is essential in audio. This is why I will use conservatorium students during my presentations. I want to show and prove that we create the sound as it sounds in real.

The biggest problem in audio is that most products cannot reveal all the aspects of sound. Due to the fact that these products do not own these aspects/properties. And what is missing never can be heard.

When you do audio by trial and error, it is almost impossible to create an ultimate sound what owns all the aspects of sound. Because you never can look back to understand why the sound and stage is what you can hear. You need to be able to extract the full DNA of each individual part in your system.

When you do not understand sound and music it will never be possible to understand audio at all. When I ask people what the aspects are of sound. They have no idea. When I ask them how our emotion works during listening to music again they have no idea. Even when I ask them on which aspects they judge and choose their system they have no idea.

You can never understand and guide audio when you cannot think and work by the properties of sound. People also have no idea how big the influence is of the acoustics in a room. The same counts for the influence of electro-smog, high-frequency noise, and magnetism. Even the last parts limit the level in the layering of dacs and digital sources.
It just depends on what you are looking for. There are certainly DAC's at every price point.
We always ask people to bring in their own music and also digital sources and dacs. Shoutout will always tell the truth of a result. We work by Tru-Fi, so we create and build sound on all the aspects/properties of sound. 

All people react the same way due to the fact that our emotion works the same way. We have our own preferences in artists and types of music. But voices and instruments sound as they sound. An audio system needs to be able to reveal all the details and aspects of the music/recording.

You need all the aspects of sound of each recording to experience the emotion the music possesses. But when a dac does not own it or is limited in the level in layering in sound. You will never use it for a long time. People have often no idea why their systems lack emotion.

We are a Lumin dealer. We will never sell Lumin players without a dac inside. Based on the fact that we can create a superior end result with Lumin players with an inbuild dac. What we do is modifying the network players with an inbuild dac.

When all the tests would have shown that the dacs would be better, we would have sold these. People will always prefer what is superior in sound and emotion. This is what I love most in audio.

For me audio is like a competition. I love to outperform and win from all competitors. 2nd best and less will always be for the born losers in this world. We want our clients to get the best result for the money they spend. It would be even silly to sell inferior levels in quality.
People will always prefer what is superior in sound and emotion

Only in a double-blind, level-matched, quick-switching scenario.  

I can bet you I can put a $300 power amp in a nice case and say it costs $100,000 (such idiotic prices do exist) and tell people what they should hear as an improvement, and some people will say it sounds better than any $30,000 power amp you wish to put it against.