It was 50 years ago today....

...that the Beatles played their last concert on the rooftop of Apple Records.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-famous-rooftop-concert-15-things-you-didnt-kno...
128x128mofimadness
odds are they shall remain remembered when we are all but dust, critical dust....

not a crazy fan, but I get the contribution and many cultural tuchstones they ( with help , like who does not have help ? ) created....

post your great pop song lyrics here....I am writing....and waiting...also..

Eric, as always I learn stuff from you
Barton showed up, solid for sure...having an Eagle help you...priceless...
album visually made grade, sonics disappointing..ha
love it
still cheaper than drinking...
Say what you want, but I doubt that there will ever be another band which such universal appeal. Fifty plus years later and we’re still listening. I’m not really a fan of their early cover songs, but Rubber Soul, Revolver, Abbey Road and the White Album are gems. I doubt that there will ever be another band that cranked out songs with such ease. I’m only sorry that John and George are gone. Beatle songs may lack some relevance today, but for their time they were a window into the angst of the sixties.

FWIW, I read somewhere that they are preparing a film about the backstory of that last rooftop concert.
50 years under the microscope, still selling records, and more fans than ever. The facts speak for themselves.
bdp24, I suggest you listen to Let it Be Naked and see if it doesn't nudge you in the other direction.  I find it to be 180 degrees from the Phil Spector version.
Schubert, what you said about George Martin writing the Beatles' songs is simply not true.  He often made huge contributions to the arranging and production.  He did not write any of the songs.  Not one.
I was eleven years old when the Beatles' music hit America.  I was a high school senior when they broke up.  I don't expect to get the same buzz from it now as I did then, but in the words of Brian Wilson, "I still dig those sounds."  I appreciate better a lot of other music from that time than I did then (such as Dionne Warwick singing Burt Bacharach) but I keep coming back to the Beatles.  The biggest problem is that I have heard the original recordings too many times and so I often opt for alternate versions these days but I expect that for me they will always be the gold standard for the 60's.