NEW Cerious Technologies Upgrade - Graphene Matrix Cables

CT Graphene Matrix Cables:

I have been using the CT GE cables for almost two years.
I recently traded up for a full loom of CT Graphene Matrix cables, including speaker, interconnect and PCs, and I wanted to share my experience. I started by replacing only the ICs to try and hear the differences.

The new Matrix interconnects sounded better than the GE immediately after install. I found the original Graphene Extreme ICs to be good but not on the same level as the outstanding GE speaker cables. As break-in started to clear things up, I can hear more clarity and detail not heard before. The ICs are incredible on their own and at the 30 hour mark, I can hear a clear superiority over the GE ICs. I recently started using the Teo Game Changer ICs and preferred them over GE but the Teo has now fallen to the new Graphene Matrix ICs. My Teo’s were and are great, and it is stunning to experience Cerious Technologies commitment to making great technology better.

On the third day of listening to the GM ICs. I couldn’t wait anymore, Having too much fun. I then installed the speaker cables and power cords once I had a pretty good feel for the sound of the GM ICs.

With the full loom of GM cables running in they are going through some strange changes and definitely need time to settle down before realizing what they can really do and very important Bob says to not move them. Since I have a home office I can let them run in all day. I’m at around 120 hours now and they are still improving. Here’s what I’m hearing:

Extended highs and tighter lows.
More detail and better low level listening
Drums are tighter, more clearly defined. So real is the snap of the snare drum. The bass has more depth, seemingly goes deeper, lower. This aspect stands out the most.

I am not in the industry, I’m not an engineer, I don’t work for Cerious Technologies, but I am a fan of the cables and am enjoying what my system is capable of.

I’m closer to my own pinnacle of sound reproduction than ever before.

Lance

lancelock
@lak,

Yes, I don't think either is going to be bad. I've gotten both cables blind so don't know what to expect out of the Matrix. From what I read in the forums it should be an impressive upgrade. My thought is I'll end up like you, Matrix doing the heavy lifting and the HF feeding the Dac

Lance,

This is a late question base on G Matric cable thread start date.

I'm changing my equipment rack to support twin Pass Labs Mono blocks.

At present I'm using Acoustic Zen Silver Ref ll's balanced 24"L. New setup

will require longer runs. 

Are you still on board with the G Matric and their performance after almost 2 yrs??

I would greatly appreciate your feed back. Before I pull my trigger on new cables..

@tubes444 

I have stopped searching for cables. I’m very satisfied with the quality of the Matrix line of cables. I have been concentrating on other areas of my system as a result. The Matrix IC’s had a big impact in my setup but you better ask Bob about the length. I dont own a Pass Labs amp but I bet you will be amazed.

Lance
Hi Everyone,
Bob from Cerious. What am I working on? I am working on developing a USB cable, but am trying to deal with the shortcomings of the USB interface. Basically my cables are exposing flaws in the medium that render music "analytical" rather than the organic sound you have come to expect from Cerious and just not a sound I want to listen to for extended periods. The root problem is the +5V going through the cable which is noisy coming from the computer or source device. I have solved this by generating a separate +5V in place of the normal voltage but I have never produced a powered cable before so am working on packaging and despite how pricey the Matrix is I strive for sanity in pricing. Will keep you posted.
My wife has ordered me to upgrade our entire system as we went to a friend's house who has the latest ReacT speakers we made several years ago with analog front end and one of my custom racks that feature reactive damping and Carbon Fiber main structure. She ordered me to buy a top of the line VPI turntable, build us a custom rack, and custom ReacT speakers with subwoofers good to 15 Hertz (she is a bass freak...who knew?). Women can be so demanding! Oh and I need to make us custom amps because she likes to listen to rock concerts at rock concert levels (who knew?). God I love this woman...
So I will be busy for a while so no need to worry that the Matrix will be obsolete anytime soon.
Hugs...and keep warm!