MQA is Legit!

Ok, there is something special about MQA.  Here is my theory:  MQA=SACD.  What do I mean by this?  I mean that since there might be the "perception" it sounds better, then there is way more care put into the mastering and the recording.   Of course I have Redbook CD's that sound just as good (although they tend to be "HDCD" lol)... Bottom line:  a great recording sounds great.  I wish more labels and artists put more time into this--it's great to hear a song for the 1000th time and discover something new.  

What are your thoughts on MQA and SACD?
waltertexas
I think the discussion has gone a bit off the rails... thanks for the PS Audio link as I am in that same camp.  My point was that I am getting this quality over a wifi connection to Tidal.  I am not going to replace my hi-res files or SACD or even my redbook cd's--im just very impressed with what I am hearing vs pandora or spotify.  I also wouldn't choose MQA over DSD for download either.
MQA = Another "smart guy'" who thinks he is smarter than you and won't be caught trying to make you believe MQA sounds better than Redbook.  Is he smarter than you? 
I actually use it and really like it. Tidal via Bluesound Node 2 to Mytek Brooklyn+ MQA DAC/Pre. 90% of the time I prefer it to 16/44, even from SSD to Bryston BDP-2 to Mytek. Don't over think it, don't be political, just listen and see what you like.

Or not. It's your dime...
There’s a reason why MQA is not adopted by many high-end DAC manufactures. By making a DAC able to handle MQA it affects all non-MQA encoded music the DAC plays negativity. The filters required for MQA have to be built into the basic infrastructure of the DAC. Hence many DAC manufacturers will not compromise for the sake of MQA. Quite right too.

The potential royalty steam for the owners of MQA (Meridian originally though now it has been spun off) is so huge given they earn on every stream and every DAC built, that it is best to be somewhat sceptical of what you read from the pro-MQA lobby. There is a lot of potential revenue at stake here and that can lead to untrustworthy sources of info and PR.