Vandersteen VLR CT

Just noticed that the VLR CT is now on the Vandersteen website:  https://www.vandersteen.com/products/vlr-ct

Eager to hear any impressions on this little guy.
cedargrover
My regular VLR's sound pretty amazing for their small size. I'm sure the CT version is worth the money if you want a small package and need super sound.
If I get to Audioconnection, I'll see if Johnny can set up a demo of the two.

B

Richard will be in my neighborhood at Stereo Unlimited San Diego on the 26th of February- hopefully with a pair but as Bruce displays everything, he may already have them....
when I spoke to RV he had just sent a prototype pair to a dealer who loved them - May have been Johnny R

i think a pair of VLR-CT on Sound Anchor stands with sub 3 would be astounding

i have heard the regular VLR many many times at Advanced Audio in Tacoma w modest power...sweet

but I am biased...
Thanks guys.  Will keep an eye out for your updates. If Johnny has a pair I will have to find time to hear them myself.  

Anyone know if there are any changes to the mid/woofer driver in the VLR CT?  
"Anyone know if there are any changes to the mid/woofer driver in the VLR CT?"

I have to wonder if Vandersteen had to in part raise the rent on VLR Wood by changing the tweeter to "CT". Surely they changed the binding posts as well. That is a big price hike, not that I am criticizing. That happens all the time plus the bane of inexpensive bookshelves in my experience is the tweeter.  
Ohala, you may be right; I have no inside information on that front.  My interest stems more from the fact that the mid/woofer driver operates up to 3500 Hz (with a 1st order crossover, of course).  I know the carbon tweeter will be pistonic, but I'm doubtful that a conventional 6.5" mid/woofer would be fully pistonic in that configuration.  I hope I'm wrong.  :)