Tracking Force?

I have a Clearaudio Concept turntable (about 7-8 months now). Beautiful piece of work. It was bought already factory  setup. In 50years of buying records I have only had three turntables and never really bothered too much about doing my own setups.
Last week I bought digital scales for measuring tracking force.
In the Technical details in the manual it states Tracking Force as 2.2 g(+/- 0.2g)
When I placed the scale on platter and lowered the tonearm it read out 3.8.
My thoughts now are: should I alter, that is, tamper with this?  OR Should I trust and go with the factory setup?

vinowino
You have to balance the arm first, then set up ZERO on the tonearm counterweight and only then add the actual weight according to the manual of your cartridge. 
What type of scale are you using and what cartridge is installed? Bottom line is that you should NEVER exceed the manufacturer’s VTF range. NEVER TRUST FACTORY SETUP OF A TURNTABLE!!!
Yes, adjust the VTF to the recommended range and be prepared to align the cartridge alignment as part of your setup.
Ugh. You're in for a treat if you set it correctly especially at the lower end of the recommended scale. Listen for delicacy and air over heavy bass.