Do you ever do this before you listen?

Hello everyone. I was at an audio store today with a friend that was auditioning a pair of speakers and the salesman told us to clear our ears by pinching the nose then blowing through your nose to make the ears pop (clearing them). I have to admit the music sounded  so much better lol. It makes perfect sense why you would want to do this, but I had just never thought of it. So I thought I would see who else is doing this, and maybe discover some other new tricks. SO what strange things do you do routinely before a listing session? (I know thats a loaded question to ask of this group)
barnettk
I have the ear wax issue. Whenever I begin to hear channel imbalance and/or high frequency attenuation I clean ears, always get some measure of wax out. Agreed, don't use q tips.  Sinus cleaning very effective as well, I use the NeilMed. Yes, be sure to use distilled water.
A simple yawn will accomplish the same thing.....much like it does on an airplane.  Or just hold your nose when you sneeze.....jk of course!
I’m not going to read more than the OP but doing this is crazy and really bad for you. If a salesman asked me to do that I’d laugh at him and tell him to go talk to his doctor. You could rupture your eardrum.
The ear wax removal kits are available in drug stores and elsewhere (put hydrogen peroxide based thick goo in ear, let it set for a while, and remove it with warm water injected by a rubber bulb squirting thing), and I've been using that method for decades (a doctor recommended this stuff when I was playing guitar in loud clubs many years ago). Works great and is safe. 
“Or just hold your nose when you sneeze.....jk of course!”

Lol. I know your jk. Don’t do that. You may blow your brains out 😂