Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Tomthiel,

I know the numbers are not correct, I just wanted to show the theoretical effect of the difference between the two values to get an idea how large the impact will +/- be ;)
Andy2,

The measurement was taken from the listening spot with Dirac Live in my living room, there is no way to get perfect measurements without a  treated dedicated audio room,  that I don't have :(

The device I use to compensate my room with great results.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-88a
Prof, welcome to the final destination on the ride.

Been there, done that.  Could have bought cars over what was spent.  Now my system is a lot like yours, beautiful, ever-present and faithful Thiels, fed by a big warm Classe, with a 58 year old tubed preamp full of ancient bottles conducting the arrangements.

Is it full of distortion and is ruefully unfaithful to the waveforms?  You betcha.  But when Nancy Wilson steps up and starts singing, she is RIGHT THERE.  Goosebumps always, media permitting.

And isn’t that why we go to all this trouble, to come home, pour a nice drink, and luxuriate in our musical retreat?

IMO, when you are left always listening to the equipment itself, and never the artistry of the music, you have forgotten the destination.  Others I’m sure will feel differently.  
Does anyone have the settings of peq filters that would replace the correction of the equalizer of the 3.5 series. I know that a graph of the correction was in measurement section of stereophile review but curious if the peq equivalent.
I have now finished the coax crossover of the right speaker and am listening to music with a big smile on my face, incredible how much such an upgrade brings!! And now also the CS2.4 shows its appreciation with the nicer parts :)

Still a lot to do,  but it's all worth it 

see link for the photos,
https://holco.picturepush.com/album/1171389/p-Thiel-CS-2.4.html