Any one try the new Synergistic Research BLUE UEF Duplex receptacle?

Looking for comparsons to other high quality outlets.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xlak
For me, my decision to purchase the blue outlet was not based upon the claims of Synergistic Research or science either. That’s me - I’m not all about measurements, etc. I tend to look for commonalities in user reviews. When I finally purchase something, it is my own experience and opinion, however, that will trump all others. And, it’s whether it works in my system or not. It could work fine in someone else’s system and not in mine and the reverse is probably true as well.
I’m also not looking for an outlet to specifically change the tonality of my system. For me, it needs to make it sound subjectively (to me) better. In the end, that could be detail, transparency, and it could possibly be tonality too. The point is that I’m not looking for anything in particular going in, just wanting a better result one way or another.

The mention of expectation bias is probably true for some folks. However, I don’t think it applies to everyone when evaluating audio/video products. I’m too picky and too concerned about the money I spend to have the expectation bias. In fact, my bias often goes the other way - the product is going to have to prove itself, because I can’t believe it is that good. The blue outlet, for example, has been up and down for me over the last week or two. Once it settles in, I’ll make up my mind on it.

Dave
I am using a Cruz Audio and I would vouch for it but I can’t remember what my stereo sounded like without it. Anybody familiar with Cruz Audio and would it be advantages to replace it with the Blue?
Well that is the beauty of the Synergistic Research Blue outlet. You can try it your self and in your own system and return it  during the 30 day trial period for a refund. The total cost of the experiment is about $6.00- return postage. And since it is mostly broken in after 3 days you can go back and forth between the Blue and the Cruz Maestro outlets during this time.

I believe you will hear a difference, but really only you can decide if it is worth it. I personally believe you will prefer the Blue.

David Pritchard

Jea, Your point is fairly taken.  However, there is some "science" around power cords and interconnects, to name just two elements.  Power cords may be heavy enough in gauge to transfer the current needed by the component, or not.  They may be shielded, or not.  They may be configured so as to be capacitative and/or inductive to one degree or another, and there are some known ways in which these properties could affect sound.  Likewise for ICs, if you delete the bit about current carrying.  Plus, as you suggest, I rely upon personal experience and the reports of a few trusted sources as regards these and some other ancillaries. But in the case of the SR AC outlets, we have.... what?  What is there about a black AC outlet that would make it sound different from a blue or a red one?  (Obviously, there could be differences that I don't know about, but why doesn't SR tell me about them, is my point?)