Soliloquy 5.3 Driver Replacements

Hi all,

Does anyone have any info or suggestions for a good 5.25" mid/bass replacement for a pair of Soliloquy 5.3 floorstanders? I blew at least one last night in a freak turntable short accident. Damn Paul's Boutique 20th Anniversary Re-Issue... :)

I know that Soliloquy is out of business, and I've already contacted Walter at Underwood Hi-Fi with no luck. He pointed me to Madisound and Parts Express, and neither of them were able to come up with anything close to OEM specs in terms of size.

The flange on the blown driver appears to be 155 mm, and the cabinet opening is 120 mm. There were a bunch of similar posts on Agone over the past year or two from others seeking the same information, but if anyone found the right drivers to use, it doesn't look likw they ever bothered to post back. That is something I promise I will not do.

I've already set up a saved search on eBay, but I'd rather not spend upwards of $700 when a single driver (or even four replacements) would do.

So, that's my long-winded way of saying "HELP!!!"

Many thanks in advance,

--Jim.
128x128feckmo
I know this is an old thread, but I would love to know who to ask to find out what company in China made these speakers. I'm also looking to replace one driver in my 5.3s. There is nothing on the backs of these. It would be nice if they would have written anything on the back - ohms, watts, something...
Here's a whacky idea, but not much to lose at this point I guess. Maybe you can round up some other 5.3 owners who need and/or want backup drivers and you can pool together to purchase a pair of 5.3s and split up the drivers? So if you could find a decent used pair for $600 or so and two other people interested in drivers you could spend around $200 each and have at least one midwoof and potentially a tweeter backup as well. Not optimal to be sure, but still cheaper than buying another pair of speakers and you'd get to keep enjoying your 5.3s.

Anyway, as a 6.2 owner I feel your pain, and best of luck.
Have you tried contacting Phil Jones of AAD audio? If memory serves he had a hand in the design process...
You might try a fellow at Monster Cable Co.
I am sorry but can not remember his name . He is the one who bought Soliloquy and owned it into it's demise . This was about 4 or 5 years ago .
It would be worth an effort to check the archives here as it was discussed a while back . That would give you his name at least .

Sorry that I can't be of more help .

Good luck .