How do you properly set up a horn speaker

Hi- I have a set of Classic audio T1.4 horns that I am setting up - Do horns get set up the same way as regular speakers- I was going to use the cardas method but want to be sure that is fine- Also my room is 15x28 but at the point where the speakers are is a bay window(treated) that jets out to 17 feet so when using the calculator from cardas do I use the 17 feet where the speakers sit or the 15 feet which is the rest of the room- Thanks for the input-
fluffers
So if my room is 17' wide( do to a bay window and 15'5" the rest of the room by 28 deep- How far apart should I start to place the speakers - Again I truly appreciate the guidance from someone who does not have the knowledge you have but want to get it right-
Get them as far apart as you can- you get a bigger wider more realistic soundstage and they have no worries doing center fill. If this means there is a wall near them left of the left speaker and right of the right speaker you will have to toe them in to take advantage of the controlled dispersion of the midrange unit and to minimize reflections- all per Duke's excellent post above.
Excellent info from Duke. I feel distance between the speakers ( horns, and in this case the 1.4s ) and the listener is very critical, and requires a greater amount of distance between the two. I am thinking the " honking thing " batman mentioned was because he listened to them nearer field than normal. Although my 50 year experience with horns have been centered around the 5 original Klipsch Heritage models ( modding, tweaking and upgrading them ), I find the Heritage line to be some of the most " coherent " of the horns ( I have heard many different horns ). Whether nearfield or not, the 3 drivers of the Heritage blend very well ( coherent ). To get a speakers drivers to blend, as in the 1.4s, ime, a greater listening distance is necessary between them and the listener. And lets face it; speakers of this design ( horns ), and price range, do better in a larger room. Just my take, experiences and opinions on the subject. Keep in mind, I am not suggesting that everyone go out and buy a pair of Heritage models, but I do believe PWK did his homework, and created a line of 5 great products, that with some additional work, are quite amazing. Enjoy ! MrD.
Horns can work wonderful in nearfield keep in mind most older music was master using horns many times in nearfield only horns that require distance are those not properly time aligned. I use a massive pair of community leviathans in my office nearfield system its far better than any of the crazy costly modern sota dynamics I have used in same. Klipsch horns are not time aligned and need more space or they sound forward a good reason for Klipsch owners to get out and hear other horn designs.

I am thinking the " honking thing " batman mentioned was because he listened to them nearer field than normal.
He was trolling. The horns on the T-1 per the OP have very smooth response, nearfield or not. When people hear them, they often remark that they have the speed and clarity of ESLs.
JohnK, you stated quite a while ago that you preferred Altec 19s over any Klipsch model. That is fine and dandy with me, as we disagree on that point, but I do not think you are suggesting that the 19s are good at nearfield listening. What horns are time aligned ?Atmasphere, I know a few people who do not like horns, period. I heard a pair of Classics at a show some years back, near field, and I liked them very much. But one of my audio show traveling comrades  did not particularly like what he heard. His comment when we left the room was " it was too much ". He left before I did. I'm all in when it comes to the majority of good horns, but many horn hybrids are not coherent to me, particularly the transition from the woofer to the mid horn ( in either a 2 way or 3 way ). Enjoy ! MrD.