If you love the Ortofon 2M Black, you'll really love...... (help me upgrade)

Still trying to find a new cartridge and I've identified very clearly that I love the sonic signature of the 2m Black but would love something that had overall more of what it does well. With that info is there cartridge anyone would recommend up to 2500?
dhcod
I answered my own question! I'm listened to a friend's Audio Note IQ3 at length this weekend on my turntable. Definitely better than the 2M Black. Big step up in terms of clarity and resolution and tactile-fingers-on-instrument kinds of things.... but also not a completely different presentation. Ordered! So I've replaced my Lyra Delos with the IQ3 and a Decca London Super Gold and I think I have two better cartridges for (because I got a crazy deal on the Decca) less than a new Delos!
@lewm

Chak, If the stylus on that ATN170 assembly needs replacement, then what is the benefit to having it at all to go along with a complete ML150 cartridge? You could theoretically rebuild the ML150 stylus assembly to the same SS level as rebuilding the ATN170. Or maybe the seller has no ATN150 OEM stylus assembly for the ML150 cartridge.

Right, the cartridge generator is the same for all models from AT-ML140 up to AT-ML170, except the AT-ML180 with different generator.

If someone can add new cantilever into that original plastic holder then it can be used on any AT cartridge: AT-ML140, AT-ML150, AT-ML170.

SoundSmith aficionados are so happy about his work, material and sound quality, so i think they believe it can be even better than the original. Who knows?

The problem is the insert with AT-ML170 number which can be used to make a spare stylus if someone already have AT-ML170 cartridge.

A used AT-ML150 cartridge with its Beryllium cantilever normally cost about $350, i sold mine for the same price when i bought my AT-ML170 with Boron cantilever as an upgrade (but for a double price few year ago).

Nandric even told us about transplantation of one Audio-Technica cantilever to another plastic holder, because there is a tiny screw under a white drop of glue, so the cantilever can be easily replaced manually (this is a benefit of the AT cartridges).

I don’t want to bother myself because i have AT-ML180 with spare original NOS styli.

Dear @dhcod : Very good decision. I owned the Reson Reca and listened the Audio Note where both are manufactured by Goldring and I posted that are very good performers, better than we can imagine for its " humble /ugly looks. Enoy it.

R.

If a 2m black wanted a more “ romantic” ( mentioned earlier) sounding cartridge than the black, wouldn’t a bronze stylus do the trick?