Aurender vs. Roon

I would greatly appreciiate any input on something I was told yesterday by a learned audiophile. A) that aurenders conductor app is inferior to roon. That is probably a given. However, I thought Roon will interact with the conductor app. so if that is the case then you can have the best of both worlds.  Also, Roon has better audio quality the Aurender? Aside from that, is the landscape moving toward Roon? Reason I ask is I have been looking at Aurender streamers to purchase and there seems to be more and more of them for sale on Audiogon and US Audio Mart etc. Is it possible Roon Ready devices are going to be the newest frontier so why bother with Aurender if they are not going to support it? Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.
mrdon
I got mine (ZENith MK3) a couple of weeks ago. I am in USA. I was in preorder since November.

When did you order yours?

Yes, they sold out first batch of MK3 on preorders alone.
How long does someone wait ordering one today? Not sure about their business model as they don’t seem to have a handle on production and demand realities.

I would buy one if I knew when I was getting it.  
" Aurender does perform well but the lack of true Roon compatiblity is hurting them "

This is a laughable statement as Aurender is the clear choice for anyone who cares about the quality of sound in there home. The conductor app blows away everything Roon has to offer except the pretty pictures and brief profiles. Who cares about how it looks? Ill take better sound and ease of use any day!
@grannyringWhy don’t you ask Innuos direct or your dealer @grannyring ?

If you were asking me, how long does it take if ordering one today, I don’t have an answer to that. I am not a dealer, neither do I want to ask them, as I already got mine
Mattmiller why would you possibly say that, the conductor app is a very good app, it is very different than Roon.

Roon is much more experential with links in the Bio page to other related band's musicians, a radio feature that mixes similar artists and complete intergration between Tidal's Library and a stored one.

Roon offers up conversion to higher res sample rates, a eq function, and PCM to DSD and vice versa playback.

Roon also can control other devices that are Roon endpoints so you can have the same music in your reference audio room playing on a Naim Muso or a Sonos box or via Chromecast or NAD Bluesound prouduct throughout your home.

The Aurender products are excellent sounding, and are very well made, if the features of Roon don’t matter than yes Aurender’s conductior is an excellent app. They are very different things.

Obviously you have to pay $119 a year for Roon and Conductor is free.

Aurender has Airplay Innuous doest not.

As per sound and build quality both are outstanding. The Innuous Zenith is a mind blowingly good sounding server that improves upon the Zen.

As per availability we are ordering units three at a time, Innuous is filling orders the first runs of the new MK III products all sold out pretty fast.

Most new orders take 3 weeks to get product, there have been delays with the Zen Mini. Statements, Zen’s and Zenith’s are all flowing out to their dealers.

Dave and Troy
Aurender and Innuous dealers