Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
As much as I’m a big fan of Class D, I’m not oblivious to the shortcomings.

I recently owned a Devialet 250.  When I first got it, I thought it was the best thing I’d ever heard.   After a few months, it started to grate on me.

Having read about this GaN, I’m happy to wait for it to trickle down.

How long is it likely to be before GaN is in mid priced gear?
How long is it likely to be before GaN is in mid priced gear?
That Technics SU-G30 which is a server as well as an integrated is the cheapest so far at $3900, but it's only 50w into 8ohm and 100 into 4ohm so not for everyone. So if that was a poweramp only, you would have to say high 2's.
As I said I did contact EPC to find what and who are bringing them out, seems there are several more brands on top of what we now know.

Cheers George   

Hi Singingtheblues, I have listened to Devialet several times at RMAF, including I believe the 250.... I am not surprised that eventually you found it to be grating.... The overall house sound is certainly open, but a little too treble-happy for my taste... Some small amounts of treble hardness may have been traces of intermodulation.

Regards, G.

It will be several years before this GaN class D audio amplifier IP technology becomes truly affordable. Several key patents have over a decade of life left on them. More competitors with GaN-based products entering the marketplace will be the best way to drive prices down. 
It will be several years before this GaN class D audio amplifier IP technology becomes truly affordable.

I don’t believe so, EPC have already sold these to several Class-D manufacturers direct, and Digikey are already selling it, it doesn’t take much, just demand for a major semiconductor manufacturer to step in and purchase the right to make them for the masses, it’s like the Power Mosfet all over again, which they developed, and became the norm in no time at all.

https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/ganfet-gallium-nitride/53212

Or you can buy the complete Evaluation Board and put it in a box.
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?%20WT.z_cid=sp_917_0110_buynow&site=us&lang=en&mpart...

Cheers George