Cartridge for Rega Planar 3?

MM or high output MC.  Up to $1000. 

What recommendations can anyone make from personal experience?  Needs to be an all around good performer, as it will be used for most all musical genres.  Thanks!
mtrot
I have just bought a new P3 with the premounted Elys cartridge. I haven't spun vinyl in over 30 years. My last turntable was a Mitsubishi connected to a Pioneer receiver and some Bose speakers. I will now be hooking this new turntable up to a Parasound 200 watt amp, a Conrad Johnson PV-5 preamp's phono output and some Elac speakers. My question is, based on the huge difference the CJ had on the sound of everything else, is wouldn't the phono section to this preamp (or any other preamp or receiver) have a larger impact than the cartridge? If that holds true, then how can one make comparisons or recommendations based on their systems when these other variables may actually have a larger impact than the cartridge itself? I see it as an endless game of very expensive guessing.
High output MC make no sense, so it must be LOMC or MM/MI
I have no personal experience with Rega turntable, but cartridge must be selected for the tonearm, calculation is pretty easy if you know your cartridge compliance @ 10 Hz and tonearm effective mass.

I would recommend Victor X-1II mid compliance MM with rare Beryllium cantilever and Nude Shibata stylus tip. One of those amazing vintage MMs that you can't go wrong with. Superb sound quality if you're able to find NOS or MINT- sample. Ask if you need help. 
Nagaoka MP110 or MP150. I have both and they are superb cartridges that are appropriately priced.
Hi @williewonka ! I'm asking because I don't really have deep knowledge of MC cartridge settings, I wonder if a Schiit Mani preamp "with a response rate up to 20 kHz" would process the high output of an MC cartridge with a response rate up to 45 kHz.
@metin - since the "generally accepted" audio range is 20Hz to 20kHz then the extended output above 20kHz would not be in the audible range of humans.

Only young people can hear 17-18 kHz and even 20kHz is beyond their capability

Tannoy has a super tweeter that goes up that high and they claim to be able to hear the "impact" of frequencies that high.

Since most musical instruments tops out around 14-15 kHz - like cymbals - then (for me) anything above that is superfluous, so I do not worry about it.

Since it's only the very best Phono stages would be able to process  higher frequencies,  I would have to guess that the Schiit product would not be able to reproduce those frequencies.

Maybe you should contact Schiit - they could give you a definitive answer

Regards - Steve