Cartridge Upgrade ...AT ART-9?

Hello all , I'm looking to upgrade to a better TT / cartridge and I've heard from a very reliable source that the AT ART-9 is unbeliebavly great cartridge.

I listen to mostly Classic Rock /Jazz Fusion ....I currently just have a Technics SL15 with a P205CMK3. I'd like to get something that is higher end around $1K that dramatically improves my setup. 

Anything that is with mentioning that gives the ART-9 a run in that range? Thanks! 

Allnic H1201 
Lyngdorf TDAI 2170
Tekton DI SE
128x128tommypenngotti
Which TTs / arms do you guys recommend checking out ? Definitely don’t want any siblance . I’ve been scoping : 

VPI 
Technics 1200g
Acoustic Signature 

Thanks 🙏 
You could try a JICO SAS stylus for your Technics MM cartridge.
Old SAS has Boron cantilever, NEO SAS can be Ruby or Sapphire
SAS (Super Analogue Stylus) is a huge upgrade for 205c mk3
Have you ever tried it ? Do you know anything about this option ?

For my old Technics 205c mk3 the SAS (Boron) was superb.
But on 205c mk4 i prefered the original stylus.

You have to try SAS, the price is just about $350-450

currently just have a Technics SL15 with a P205CMK3. I’d like to get something that is higher end around $1K that dramatically improves my setup.

Do you mean just $1k for a cartridge and turntable ?
I think you have a nice DD turntable and all you need is a better tonearm and maybe a better cartridge (if you don’t want just to try SAS stylus).

In my opinion JICO SAS will change a lot. 
But what is your tonearm now ? 
Chakster: thanks for the info . I was thinking of upgrading and making the jump to a “high end” table/arm/cartridge and keeping the SL15 as my childhood novelty table . $1000 was just for the cartridge , I’m open to suggestion on new everything , I like the look of some of the newer tables ...VPI etc ...I want a table that wows me but don’t have to take out a 2nd to get it 😀

Sidenote : I have 2 Technics SL15s w exact same cartridge in both ( no idea on which tone arm) whatever the box came with at the time suspecting . I notice that both tables produce distortion i believe mainly on the left side only , they may just need to be adjusted to get the stylus to press harder but it’s annoying ! Or your SAS upgrade may be a good option for my SL15s ...weird , I always have heard the Technics P205CMK3 were one of the better carts for that table ....thanks for your help!
I recently repaired an Audio Technica ART-9. It sounded phenomenal. It is not a bad cartridge.
 I have 2 Technics SL15s w exact same cartridge in both ( no idea on which tone arm) whatever the box came with at the time suspecting . I notice that both tables produce distortion i believe mainly on the left side only , they may just need to be adjusted to get the stylus to press harder but it’s annoying ! Or your SAS upgrade may be a good option for my SL15s ...weird , I always have heard the Technics P205CMK3 were one of the better carts for that table ....thanks for your help!

I'm sorry, i thought you have SP15 , but you have SL15 with Linear Tracking toneam and P-Mount cartridge. JICO SAS is not available for P-MOUNT version of the P205cmk3. Anyway, your compact SL-15 is an interesting turntable, i always wanted to buy one, but with mk4 version of that cartridge. 

The problem with automatic turntable is the service, i hope you can find someone who can service your SL-15, maybe our jpjones in NYC can do that ? If this turntable is refurbished by professional then it normally cost over $1k in good cosmetic condition. I think it's amazing turntable and i want one. 

Do you like the new Technics series of DD turntables? 
As for the cartridge at $1k there are many options, but you have to buy a cartridge for the tonearm. If your tonearm is not superheavy or not superlight then mid compliance cartridge is fine.