2 Stereo amps to be used in Mono...hookup?

Hello..

Could one explain the hookup from the preamp? Does left channel out from pre have to be Y'd to the left and right input of that designated amp....Carver M500t manual states..make sure both inputs are connected...
A little confused...

Thx!
ishkabibil
@georgehifi 

I am not in possesion of 2 amps but may have an opportunity to land a second one for a friend or perhaps keep for myself if to bridge...given yours and Elizabeth's post I will pass on bridging.  I am really satisfied with my sound.   If I looked at my components I should probably if anything consider my delivery of music...I am a streamer using Bluetooth.....rblink Arcam....should go network..or ethernet cable....
If I had the A400's which are bi ampable I would consider for sure your passive diagram sent. I have a screenshot saved.

Thank you.
Soundcraftsman used to make an external bridging circuit called the “auto Bridge”.  It would do what your asking if the amps are stable.  Remember if bridged the resistance drops by a factor of 2 and your amps better have high dampening factor for it to work well and not color the sound too much.    It will  color the sound though.