VPI Scout 2 vs. Classic 1 vs MOFI ultradeck

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade my old Luxman PD 284 with Grado red turntable.  I have always desired a VPI table, in part as I grew up nearby their factory.  My spouse does not like the new sculpted plinths so I have been scouring the web for new old stock Classics.  I have found a few as well as a couple of Scout 2's which got some great reviews in the past. The rest of my system is a Leben 600 tube amp, LFD LE phone stage and vintage Spendor SP1 speakers.
Any opinions on the Classic  and the Scout 2 ( which won the all important wife's look test)?  Or should I bag the NJ connection and but a MOFI ultra deck, or the Funk Firm LSD?
mpomerantz
The scout is a great turntable contrary to what I thought in the past which turned out to be cartridge issues.  For the money, not many can compete.  The Technics 1200GR is also a very good table that punches well above its price point.
Thanks for your response; just want to clarify I was referring to the old Scout 1.1 and 2 models.
i would think with the right cartridge and possibly the longer tonearm; it would sound great
mpomerantz-

I can speak directly about comparing the VPI Classic & MoFi ultra.

Had the opportunity to demo the Ultra in my system. I have a Classic that’s 6 years old.

Its automatically unfair because the MoFi comes with MM cart, and I have a decent LOMC.

IMO however, out of box the MoFi is certainly nicer looking and performs better than a price competitive Rega or Project. The supplied cart is nice, but you can hear its limitations,being a MM cart. I have a phonostage that can put a cart in its best light. If you get one, and already have a favorite. cart, buy it without the cart.

I think if I mounted my existing cart to the MoFi, it may sound close, but the VPI would audibly(subjectively) sound more convincing(perhaps the mass build?) Aesthetics , the VPI gets my vote. The MoFi still has a budget table look.

A used Classic/Scout w a decent cart IMO, is the better performer based on cost/sonics.

Thanks for the input.  It amazes me how much hype there is in the retail sector these days.

Have you any experience with the Scout 2?

Thanks again
MP