Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin
As you all know, my first TT experience didn’t start off very good but the seller gshepardbuster  came over this morning. Having attempted several different things, we opted to try a different TT with a different cartridge on it. Sure enough it was silent with no hum or buzzing of any sort. It was a Technics TT with an Audio Technica Cartridge. He was willing to sell the TT and Cartridge at a very fair price and refund some of the money I paid for the Rega RP6. I wanted to keep the Rega for now so we swapped out the Exact 2 Cartridge with the Audio Technica AT150MLX. All the hum, buzzing and popping were gone. The sound was so sweet and I am a happy camper! I’m now afraid because I like I’m hearing so much, I’m already thinking about doing vinyl on one of my other systems. @gshepardbuster- Thank you for everything 
@ the AG forum members, thank you for all the help and ideas trying to help remedy my issue. It is greatly appreciated.
@luvrockin That's awesome to hear.You are lucky that  @gshepardbuster is one of the good guys! Cheers,
Spencer 
Luvrockin, so glad you’re getting good vinyl playback. Sounds like you still don’t know what caused the hum, but merely replaced one component to resolve the issue. 

I am am wondering if you are near any substantial source of RFI. We are near a large antenna and once I switched from MM to MC, I suffered many of the same issues you were having. The larger magnets on the cartridge were reacting negatively to all of the radio frequencies . I tried many things before I could rectify the issue and regain my nice dark backgrounds, which ultimately I did. 

If if you do have a source for EMI/RFI keep that in mind, because system matching and other more basic solutions will be really important, especially if you are now desiring a second system. 

Enjoy the music. 

@luvrockin 

As I move the arm towards the center if the album, it gets worse wtf? It does this with the TT running and when it is off. 

Your hum problem is from the turntable power transformer and your cartridge is insufficiently shielded to block the EMI.